79 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jilly76
    I think its not a good sign that she hasn't applied for her passport, what are the chances that she's going to want to pay the expedited fee for 3 people?
    !
    Good point. Can you imagine how stressed you will be if this goes on much longer, especially in the weeks leading up to your wedding? I'd say that Courtney came up with a great way of talking with her. Seriously, if she can't step up then she needs to be honest with you. You need someone to support you and not to add stress!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lryates76
      But no, now she wants me to do research for her to find a cheap hotel because she doesn't have access to the internet at work. Seriously, I already did my research and it's called Dreams Tulum....take it or leave it missy.
      That's nuts! You shouldn't be having to do all this extra work. I strongly agree with the last sentence to that quote!

*Side note* Why is her boss paying for her kids to go...?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#13 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
        That's nuts! You shouldn't be having to do all this extra work. I strongly agree with the last sentence to that quote!

*Side note* Why is her boss paying for her kids to go...?
        She works from a Dermo..they make alot of $$ and don't have kids. They are always paying for her kids to do things. She's worked for them for like 15 years.

#14 soulmates

soulmates
        • 538 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Lisa, I'm sorry she's acting this way!!! You are right, she should just stay at your hotel since she doesn't have enough money to stay for a whole week!!! I don't blame you though, I would pissed too!

#15 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

OK, this is so not what you need right now! All of these things would be fine maybe like A YEAR AGO!! Jeez. You really need a friend there for you before & during the wedding. I'm not so sure this one is going to do that for you. Demote her ass!

#16 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lryates76
              She works from a Dermo..they make alot of $$ and don't have kids. They are always paying for her kids to do things. She's worked for them for like 15 years.
              What a sweet gig...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#17 Clussy75

Clussy75
              • 533 posts

Already, she's skating on thin ice with you, AND she asks you to do the research for her? Oh dear. She obviously doesn't know that she's crossing the line so as Courtney suggested, tactfully let her know that you're going to have someone that has less responsibilities step up to help out with the big stuff since she's going to be with her daughters probably a good bit and even add in something like you know yourself and you'll probably need someone to help you run through some mental checklists before and possibly during the ceremony. I mean, you're going to be a bride in full blown 'this day's gonna be perfect' mode and you need one of your girls to be available to have your back fully. As long as you word it right, no feelings will be hurt.

The passport thing.... ay vey. Please just urge her to get on that now and tell her some of the horror stories of it taking longer than anticipated and well, then you're short a MOH.

Good luck!
                Claudia & Sean
                11/11/07

#18 ajncooter

ajncooter
                • 983 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

wha a nightmare... what are people thinking sometimes? sorry dont let this stress you out.... its not worth it! you are going to have a beautiful big day!

#19 LisaG

LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

I seriously just lost it on her when she called. I don't think she thought I was serious though.

I'm going to calm down, and I'm going to call her tonight and give her the option of stepping down.

#20 soulmates

soulmates
                    • 538 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

I agree you should calm down before you speak with her again. And tell her how you feel and that you think she should step down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users