i did see a wedding in the gazebo, and on the beach. personally, i thought the beach wedding was WAY more private, and romantic. the gazebo is right in the middle of the property, and it may be suitable for a smaller wedding, but we are having 40-60...so we are going to go with the beach. also, the beach is more private, and if you chose to do a cocktail hour after the ceremony, it can take place in the private restaurant, right along the beach...it's just more intimate, and secluded. if the weather doesn't cooperate on our wedding date, they will move it into one of the banquet rooms. the banquet rooms are very nice and air conditioned. it is in a GREAT building, and there is plenty of room for guests to roam around (if you chose to have cocktails before the dinner) there are plenty of couches and places to mingle.
yessie was SO great, she said she really enjoyed my fiance and i because we are extreamly easy going. (guess she sees some difficult brides) she said that once we arrive to the resort, we will recieve a peice of paper with a time to meet with yessie, or melani to finalize everything.
the blue, pink, yellow and white linens are all included in the basic package. centerpeices and whatnot will be decided upon arrival to resort.
there is no set up until 4 hours prior to your ceremony time (if you are having the ceremony in the gazebo or beach) that way, if they will be able to have enough time to move it inside incase the weather doesn't cooperate.
the sit down dinners are one option (ex- 1 appitizer, 1 main course, 1 dessert) you can pay extra to have another option added. we are planning on doing a beach bbq/buffet.
a couple we met there had their ceremony on the beach, and then the dinner in the world cafe, they had a part of the world cafe blocked off, and ate the buffet food. that would be an option if you are working wiht a strict budget.
the resort itself was wonderful. i would say, definatly not a 5 star, but definatly not a 3 star. it is a GREAT 4 star resort. i have stayed at many resorts, 3,4,5 and 5+ star resorts. i'm not picky...but i know what to look for in a resort.
i'll tell you the cons (you may not think any of these things are true..but this was my opinion)
- the seaweed in the water was annoying
- rooms were damp and musky smelling
- can be a long wait for dinner
- staff's english is very limited
- phones are crappy
- mini bar in room only conists of 2 beers (we were in the preferred room)
that being said, each of those has a positive side!!
-the seaweed in the water kind of sucks, but it depends what time of year you go at,...also, the SECOND it washes up on shore, there are people cleaning it up! AND if you want seaweed free/ privacy/ beautiful water, just walk 3 minutes down the beach and there is GREAT water for snorkeling, a beach with NO resort on it (and i asked if they will be bruilding a new resort there, and they said no) there is great privacy and wonderful swimming! my fiance and i grabbed a kayak and went snorkleing.
- rooms are damp, but what do you expect in the carribean?! i have stayed at 5+ star resorts, and that is a problem there. the DPB staff is very curtious and they leave incesne in your room to burn and it knocks the smell out right away!
- my fiance is from the DR, so he is fluent in spanish so it wasn't a problem communicating at all with the staff. i did find it difficult when i would ask them a question. but they are so KIND, and always respond with an "it's my pleasure" or "thank you" they do speak english, i think it's just difficult when you ask them something very quickly that they are not used to hearing. be patient and kind and they will be the same way for you!
- phones are crappy (no real plus side...the phones just suck..hopefully it was just our phone!)
- mini bar is very limited, but all we did was ask to have more beer in our room, and 5 minutes later we had 4 more beers!! also, when the alchohol is unlimited, who cares how much is in your room!! all you have to do is walk outside and get some drinks.
there were so many plus's to the resort. the entertainment staff was great, the food was awesome, beach sand was like baby powder!!
any more questions, feel free to ask!