Photo

Bridesmaid dress woes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:40 AM

A few years ago, one of my best friends moved to the UK. I was originally not going to include her in the wedding party because I was unsure if she would make it to the wedding. However, she has assured me over and over that she will be there and I had no reservations about asking her to be a bridesmaid.

However, we are now unsure where to start looking for dress venues that cater to both the US and UK. Does anyone know where a good place to begin looking would be?

We're aiming for dresses in the $180 and lower category if that's at all helpful.

(sorry if something similar has been posted - I did try to search, but came up empty handed!)

#2 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hey Anna,
      I would look at Jcrew. They have a ton of nice dresses around that price range in different fabrics/materials. I have 4 bmaids in Canada and 4 in the US and thats the route we went.

#3 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
      • 376 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

Oh, thanks so much! I'll be sure to check them out.

I also found out that Alfred Angelo offers dresses in the UK and US, but the styles are very limited for the UK collection. Just in case anyone else might need the info. :)

#4 Inked1

Inked1
        • 161 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

While I don't have any overseas BM they are all pretty far flung, you can always have her call measurements in to a local dress shop and if you order early enough you should be able to get her BM dress shipped to her on your own. That is the plan for my west coast sister & her daughter for their dresses.

#5 shellb

shellb
          • 533 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

I believe Alexia bridesmaid dresses are sold in the US and UK. I remember a UK bride had an Alexia dress. Bridesmaid Dresses | Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Mother of the Bride, Flower Girl, Prom Dresses by Alexia Designs

#6 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
            • 376 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the ideas. They are much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users