Evite versus Formal Invitations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thomasta2000

thomasta2000
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are probably going to have an informal BBQ AHR. Since it's a casual atmosphere, I'm wondering if sending an Evite is too tacky? Has anyone done that?

Thanks in advance!

#2 eloping789

eloping789
    • 290 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

I'm having a traditional AHR with all the trimmings and I wanted to do an evite, but my mom looked at me like I was crazy and so did my FI so we went with paper invites that just went out yesterday (woohoo!!).

I think for casual events evites are perfectly fine, just remember you might still have to do some sort of paper invite for the guests without email (grandparents maybe?).

#3 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

I have to agree with Lori. I think for some that an evite is fine but others will appreciate the extra effort. I always like to send any invite in the mail. Because I love getting them. Way better than a bill. Nobody write letters anymore. The only thing to come in the mail is bills and junk mail. So for me, I feel like it is giving an unexpected surprise. And I always get comments on how nice it was to receive something else in the mail, and it always got opened first!

#4 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
        • 354 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

You can do whatever you want. We are also having a casual bbq AHR/send off party and we are sending out an evite to everyone. Everyone I have talked to says that would be fine and they would not be offended by it at all. Best of luck!
          - Grace
          Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
          Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
          Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
          Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#5 jessiee223

jessiee223
          • 128 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

We are planning on going with an evite for our AHR because we are really trying to put our budget towards food and drinks for everyone. I hope it doesn't come off as being too casual.
            Jessie and Jeff - Mexico 2010

#6 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

I think an evite is fine personally but do you have members in your family/friends that you are inviting that are older and/or not computer savy, just something to think about :) You can always check out vista print too for cheap invites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users