How long should we wait??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ylopez87

• 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

Ok i need you girls to help me out! I was supposed to be getting married on june 29th in pv and we had to cancel the whole thing. Last week my family found out my grandfather was really sick and my dad and i went to mexico to see him. On friday he passed away. So i decided to cancel my wedding since it was so soon. Now im not sure how long we should wait to have the wedding. Maybe uyou girls can help me out some!

#2 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

That is so sad How many people are you planning on having? Were people booked and then had to cancel? There are a lot of questions I have before answering properly...but I'd say to give it 3-5 months to allow proper grieving time for the family. I think they will understand though, that your wedding was planned before your grandfather fell ill and will be happy for you either way. It will be a positive family experience to have everyone together. It also might depend on resort availibility and what type of ceremony/reception you were planning to have.

Good Luck & Best Wishes in this hard time!

#3 ylopez87

• 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

I was going to have 50 people but 37 were from my fathers family and they say i should cancel it to give enough grieving time for my family and i agree that 6 weeks from now is too soon for a wedding

#4 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

I wish I could help but I really think that if you feel strongly that it was right to cancel based on your family's feelings that you have to confide in them to figure out when would be ok to reschedule. I think everyone is different and you have to go with what you feel is right too.

Sorry I can't help!!

#5 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss!!!

I am not sure what proper etiquette is in that situation; but I would think that a couple months would be a respectful amount of time.

#6 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

I would consult with your family members that are also grieving, to see when they would be up for a celebration. Best of luck to you in rescheduling.

#7 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

I'm sorry for your lose! I would just follow my heart!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users