• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

Hi girls,

We're looking for an officiant to do a quick legal ceremony at our AHR. Non-denominational, preferably.

I tried Googling this and came up with: officiant

Looks kinda cheesy though

I'd rather it be someone that has been recommended, KWIM?

If you know of anyone who would be up for doing this, would you please pass along their info? It will be held near Downtown Dallas on June 27th, 2009.

Also, any clue on how much someone would charge for this service?? We don't want to go full-out, just do a brief legal ceremony as a "surprise" to our guests at the AHR (since we can't get legally married @ Las Caletas).
    TIA!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

I do not personally know of anyone.. but FI and I have been looking for an officiant for our legal ceremony using WeddingWire's Directory. I set it for Dallas, Tx.. I hope it helps.

Wedding Officiants, Wedding Officiant, in Dallas, TX, Texas

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

That is pretty cool Shannon, thanks! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

I don't know of any in Dallas but I googled a few in san antonio when Ryan and I had our legal ceremony and I think she charged us like 75 bucks. She came out to the riverwalk and married us and let me help her write our vows and even made up a cute certificate for our own personal use.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

http://www.weddingwi....10b9819d4fdf6a

Holy moly - $325 for an officiant? We only have a $1k budget to include EVERYTHING..

Oooh, Kat - THAT sounds more like it! LOL I need to find one for around that cost, up to $150.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

I'll look around and see what I can find for you!

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

Dallas Officiants, wedding ministers, notaries - Dallas, Texas (TX)

Wedding Officiant Dallas, Wedding Officiants Dallas, Wedding Minister Dallas

here are some. I would just email a few and tell them what you want when you want it and how long you want them for and maybe they will cut you a deal. Good luck!

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

BUMP!!! I still need help with this. Just got in town Friday, doing garage sale yesterday and today, then got a whole lot of other stuff to do this week! And I need to somehow find an officiant for our June 27th "AHR" aka "Legal Wedding Day"!!! Is this even possible?? I keep searching on the net but I have no experience with this... I wish someone in our family had a minister or something to help us out! lol

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users