Photo

Any Maui brides have a good snorkeling tour that we can reserve for 15-25 people?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 filby42

filby42
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

I want to make sure we get a Molokini snorkeling trip set up for our guests if they want to go, but I want to make sure it is a good one :)

Any suggestions?

#2 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
    • 223 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I like the Pacific Whale Foundation:

Snorkel Molokini Maui with Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Eco Adventure Cruises and Activities

I've used them before, and had a wonderfully amazing whale watching experience with them. Plus, you can become a member and get some discounts and free stuff!

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

We did a tour to Molokini but I can't remember the name of them! Grrr.. once I find/remember it I will post up. Most of them are pretty comparable I think. All the ones we looked at offered free drinks/lunch etc and the one we went on also had a snuba option which I did and was totally fun!

#4 filby42

filby42
        • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

thanks! i have been looking at the Maui Magic and Four Winds II with Maui Charters.

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

we did a great one thru the Maui dive shop. It was reasonable and good. But I can not remember the specific name.

#6 filby42

filby42
            • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

thanks everyone! we ended up booking with Maui Charters the Maui Magic trip through Tom Barefoot (a discount tour booker on Maui). We are so excited to have almost everyone that is coming to the wedding go on the snorkel trip. There are about 27 of us!

#7 mplscold

mplscold
              • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

I used Pacific Whale Foundation. We had lots of fun!

#8 sdnative222

sdnative222
                • 136 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

I've been on Pacific Whale, Four Winds, Quicksilver, and Aqua Adventure. Hands down I vote for the Four Winds. They don't leave at the crack of dawn like some of the boats.....and yet, they are able to anchor in the prime spot for snorkeling and snuba. The captain is a laugh-riot. Don't forget to to rent out the digital underwater camera. You have unlimited images. They burn all your pics to a CD for you to enjoy and print whatever you want at Costco. We used the $15 underwater cameras and the pics weren't as clear and vibrant as the digital ones you can rent on the boats.
                  Jocelynn and Shawn
                  Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
                  http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

#9 Huey

Huey
                  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

That is so helpful! We were hoping to charter to boat to do that exact trip, but not sure where to start.

sdnative222: Do you remember how much it was to rent those digital underwater cameras?

filby42: When you say that you booked through a discount tour booker, do they give good deals when chartering a boat? It looks like it would be $1800 to book through the company.

Thanks so much ladies!

#10 sdnative222

sdnative222
                    • 136 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

On the Four Winds, the digital camera costs $40. Remember, this cost is for as many pictures as you can take on the trip burned to a CD with a cute video produced by the boat. It something fun you can show at your at-home recept. I think we took over 300 images underwater.

Actually, the snuba and digital camera were both $40. The regular price included breakfast for the trip out, snorkel gear, flippers, BBQ lunch, and a stop off in turtle town. Totally worth it!
                      Jocelynn and Shawn
                      Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
                      http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users