what do you like to see? - feedback request

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

I am thinking about adding a few larger collections of photos from different weddings to my website.
    When you go to a photographer's website, would you like to see:
    1. a small collection of their work to get a sense of their style OR
    2. several different larger collections of photos representing several different weddings OR
    3. a combination of 1 and 2

Thanks for your feedback.

#2 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

I'd say (from a bride's point of view) that I'd lean more toward a combination. But with the emphasis being on weddings. It's always good to see at least a small sample of EVERYthing that a photographer is capable of, beyond weddings, but I think a bride will always want to see as much wedding work as possible. So definitely, I'd say a combination but accentuate the wedding work.

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#3 MarieSam

• VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

Have to say a combination. An overview on a variety of weddings and then in depth collection of a few is good.

Also important to me is to see that the photographer's work doesn't all seem "the same". That there are a variety of different angles used according to the setting, but also not the exact same perspectives used for each wedding, yanno not formulaic?

Also a combination of color photographs and black and whites, B&Ws somehow strike more of an emotional cord to me, maybe because the colors don't interfere and you can really focus on the emotions emanating from the subjects in the image.

In essence I like to know my photographer can adapt and bring out the best in the setting, his/her subjects, the mood, the crowd, but work on the move and be creative too. Oh and a mixture of posed and photojournalistic photos is important to me also.

Just my two cents

#4 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

I would say a combo too!

#5 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'd say a smaller collection but then a blog with detailed photos of each wedding

#6 soon2bePowers

• 382 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

I would say I like to look at pictures from several weddings, including getting ready shots, ceremony shots, groups shots, and bride/groom shots. I also look for unique shots that really catch my eye.

#7 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
              • 217 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it!
                Approximately how many photos would you like to see for in depth / featured weddings?
                a) less than 20
                B) 20-40
                B) 40-60
                d) more than 60

#8 MarieSam

• VIP Member
                • 2,336 posts
                  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

I say 20 to 40, including different parts of the wedding day -- getting ready, ceremony, reception, dancing. If a TTD session is done then I would boost it to about 50

#9 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

# 2 for me!

#10 ebredhawk

• 949 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

i agree... #2. definitely good to see a variety, but seeing too many of the same type of shot (when it's not your own wedding!) can get boring!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users