Photo

Hotel Casa Velas??

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Is anyone getting married at Casa Velas? It's a beautiful property. Would love to see pictures of past events that have taken place there.
    So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

I'm not but I think we are honeymooning there - it looks amazing!

#3 ssbrocch

ssbrocch
      • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

I originally looked into it - I think it is adults only so that may be something to consider if you have any children at your wedding. It is a beautiful property - all the Velas in Vallarta are.

#4 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
        • 139 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Just wanted to bump this up. I would love to see another brides pictures of a wedding tat Casa Velas. Also, is anyone concerned about safety for guests who are going to party at the clubs in town? In the past I have had a great time going out in PV at night but lately I have been hearing scary stories about shady situations at night clubs (counterfeit money being passed around, credit card number theft, robberies etc..). I dont want to worry about any of my guests getting robbed or worse trying to get a cab back to the hotel late a night.

#5 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by weddinggirl72
            Just wanted to bump this up. I would love to see another brides pictures of a wedding tat Casa Velas. Also, is anyone concerned about safety for guests who are going to party at the clubs in town? In the past I have had a great time going out in PV at night but lately I have been hearing scary stories about shady situations at night clubs (counterfeit money being passed around, credit card number theft, robberies etc..). I dont want to worry about any of my guests getting robbed or worse trying to get a cab back to the hotel late a night.
            No. Your question doesn't have to do with Casa Velas, but PV in general. Puerto Vallarta is amazing. If you are scared, please think hard about having a DW. It might cause you a lot of stress.

#6 Mel&B

Mel&B
            • 613 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mel&B
              No. Your question doesn't have to do with Casa Velas, but PV in general. Puerto Vallarta is amazing. If you are scared, please think hard about having a DW. It might cause you a lot of stress.
              Sorry! I thing my post sounded a little harsh. I think I should explain. There's a lot of bad press about Mexico right now, so if you decide to have a DW in Mexico, you'll have to be prepared to defend your decision to a lot of your guests that may not understand it. You'll have to be your weddings biggest cheerleader!!! So if you are really worried about traveling to Mexico, your guests will be too.

However, this is the right place to get all of the info you need.

Back to Casa Velas... wedding pics anyone?

#7 edna

edna
              • Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Andi did a review for her HM at Casa Velas and she posted pics from this hotel, but dont remember of seeing any wedding pics from CV yet

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42804

#8 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
                • 139 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for explaining Mel&B. :)

Edna, those pictures look GREAT! Thanks for sending them. My future husband and i discussed everything last night and we have decided to move forward with Casa Velas and plan our wedding for April. The staff has been incredibly friendly and when we visited the property in Feb we fell in love with it so we are VERY excited!

#9 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,490 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

oooh your wedding will be at Casa Velas? awesome!

we honeymooned there! that is the link to my review that Edna posted.

WE LOVED LOVED LOVED it there...where will your ceremony be? at the hotel or beach?

Yeah, any questions just let me know!

#10 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
                    • 139 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hi Andi,
                      The ceremony will be in the atrium area of Casa Velas, the cocktail hour will be by the pool and the reception will be at the private beach club. I am soooo excited! :) We have hired Incredible Weddings for the event design and planning and so far things have been really easy. I am hiring Paulina for photography. I am a little worried about the cost of rooms for my guests but Im sure it will all work out. Velas Vallarta is right there and the marriott is across the street.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users