#41 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erika J
    See I want cute sexy underwire tankini's for my trip. I got 2 from Old Navy last year, from the plus size swim and they are super cute but I want something diff now as I have been wearing those for 2 years, the only bad thing is that I hate the plus size bottoms that come with ON swim, that my me look totally fatter than i am, so I throw those out and buy different ones from target or VS.

Also I cant really wear shelf bra swim because it makes me look saggy, then the halters hurt my neck, ugghh so tough!!!
    underwire is ideal but i need something strapless or i'll be tan-line ridden. unfortunately, bandeau is just about the most unflattering suit silhouette ever, even on skinny chicks! i agree tho, halter kills my neck because i have to tie it SO tight if i don't want my boobs hanging down around my waist.

usually on vacation i say, "screw it, i'll never see any of these people again!" LOL ... um, not the case for a DW! i'll be in a bathing suit around people we know (all who have cameras!) all week long! yikes!

#42 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
    • 223 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
      See I want cute sexy underwire tankini's for my trip. I got 2 from Old Navy last year, from the plus size swim and they are super cute but I want something diff now as I have been wearing those for 2 years, the only bad thing is that I hate the plus size bottoms that come with ON swim, that my me look totally fatter than i am, so I throw those out and buy different ones from target or VS.

Also I cant really wear shelf bra swim because it makes me look saggy, then the halters hurt my neck, ugghh so tough!!!
      I can't stand halters either!

Try this one:

Surplice tankini with corsage at Newport-News.com

I took off the flower though, as it kept buggin me. It has a underwire bra built in. It's my all time favorite suit, so I bought two. They only have 14W and 16W right now (on sale), but they tend to sell this one often.

The top is actually longer than shown on the model, so no embarassing belly shows.

#43 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

shmoopies- I love that one! I am ording now.

#44 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
        • 3,347 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

Quote:

I can't do anything with a shelf bra either! The girls are just too out of control in almost everything. I have actually took the time to sew an underwire bra into a bathing suit that wasn't supportive enough, it actually worked great!
          ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#45 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by da.shmoopies
            I can't stand halters either!

Try this one:

Surplice tankini with corsage at Newport-News.com

I took off the flower though, as it kept buggin me. It has a underwire bra built in. It's my all time favorite suit, so I bought two. They only have 14W and 16W right now (on sale), but they tend to sell this one often.

The top is actually longer than shown on the model, so no embarassing belly shows.
            I just ordered this! We will see how it goes. Cant beat $14.99.

#46 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Steph- I cant believe you sewed your own bar in. How did it work just the front part and not the back straps??

#47 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
              • 3,347 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
                Steph- I cant believe you sewed your own bar in. How did it work just the front part and not the back straps??

It was a tankini and I cut the bra straps and sewed it in, sewing the straps of the bra along the straps of the suit and the back of the bra into the back of the suit. It sounds confusing but it worked really well! The girls were nice and perky!
                ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#48 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Such a great idea!

#49 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
                  • 223 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

Land's End also has a Tankini with a bra, but it ain't cheap!

Women's Solid TrimLine Separates Tankini Swim Top from Lands' End

#50 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

wow! Great bathing suits ladies. I'll have to check them out when i'm at home later. I'm loving this thread!

YEAH to us plus-size gals!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users