Registry ?- To China or Not to China?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 holstang

holstang
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

Hi Girls,

I was just curious how many of you have registered for formal dinnerware? I'm going back and forth deciding if I should register for it or not. My fi and I live in a tiny condo by the beach, and we really don't need any gifts, let alone something I might only bust out every once in a while.

Just wanted some other destination bride's opinions.

TIA!

#2 litl_april

litl_april
    • 351 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

I debated it for quite awhile as well. I would have loved to register for formal dinnerware, but in the end we decided it made more sense to register for the practical stuff that would be used more regularly. Another big thing for us, is if we didn't get all the pieces it would be a long time until we would be able to purchase the rest on our own. We decided to go with a nicer style of Corelle so it will still work for nice meals, but can be used daily as well.

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

We would not use china, therefore did not register for it (not to mention we did not expect people to buy off our registry). We did register for some nice crystal though - we got two beautiful red wine glasses & I told DH they are for one or two glass nights only!! LOL

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

there is a pretty good thread on this with a bunch of replies:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t38611

#5 holstang

holstang
          • 70 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Ooohh, thanks for the link- this is what I was looking for- thanks ladies for helping out a n newbie!

#6 InspiredBride

InspiredBride
            • 78 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

We're not registering for formal china either, and I was feeling kind of up in the air about it. Thanks for making me feel better about the decision ladies! :)

#7 destination

destination
              • 215 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:45 AM

we just registered for one nice set of dishes that can be casual or formal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users