• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SKDMR13

• 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

Just joined, and I am excited to get some opinions, advice, etc. My wedding is June 10, 2007, at the Sunset Mona Lisa. We will be staying at the Westin.
    Any advice about the Sunset? I just saw something about construction near the restaurant. I already signed a contract, so I am stuck. I am also using Amy Abbot as my coordinator, if anyone has comments/suggestions. She seems great so far -- we are currently working on her contract.

#2 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:51 AM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and welcome to the board.

I would "hope" they would be finished with the construction before your wedding (your getting married 5 days after me BTW) I heard Sunset Mona Lisa is awesome, great food and GREAT views. I wanted our wedding dinner their but my FI didn't want like the name,, lol men..

#3 Janet

• VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

Welcome! You should be able to get lots of good info from Karla and other Sunset Da Mona Lisa brides on this board. As for Amy Abbot -- I think you are in good hands. She is part of a wedding planning firm in Cabo that gets rave reviews (although they are not cheap!). I don't know anything about her specifically but I am using one of her colleagues for my day-of coordination.

#4 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:05 PM

welcome!! i would think the construction would be done by june 2007. karla is having her wedding there and her WC took some pics of the construction for her...maybe she can send them to you if you ask...her name is KARLA

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 SKDMR13

• 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the replies! Yes, Amy is not cheap, but I am a bad bride, b/c I really don't have the time to do much of anything! So I guess I cut out some other things in order to be able to hire someone there that is able to prompt me on what to do. :-)
          Tammy - he didn't like the name?! Uh, men! It is just such great views, that I couldn't pass it up.
          We are also thinking of doing a snorkel/lunch catamaran thing the day before in lieu of a rehearsal dinner - there are only about 25 of us. Any thoughts on this?

#6 LIZAGEHL

• 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

Hello and Welcome. There is a post under vendors about someone that did a cruise and the pricing involved. I am looking into this as well. I've seen photos of the Sunset and it is so beautiful!

#7 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to the board!

#8 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

Welcome! The views are beautiful there. I had my engagement pics taken on the beach below the restaurant and I think they turned out great. If you want to see them, go to www.jeffreyandsarah.shutterfly.com
                Good luck with the planning!

#9 Jennifer

• 218 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Congrats and welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users