Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride7474

Tattoo's in your wedding photos?

Recommended Posts

Are you more concerned about them showing at the wedding or in the pictures? If it's just the pictures I would leave it alone because they can always be airbrushed out. My guess is that they won't show as much as you think they will and it might not bother you as much as you think it will right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with Carly on this one. If you really didn't want tattoos in your wedding pics it might have been something to think about before asking her to be in your WP, assuming she had the ink when you asked her.

 

That being said, talking to the photographer about avoiding shots that show her tattoos is a great option, also rather than dresses w/ sleeves you can get your bridesmaids pashminas, this way any angles that will show her body art can be covered.

 

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Are you more concerned about them showing at the wedding or in the pictures? If it's just the pictures I would leave it alone because they can always be airbrushed out. My guess is that they won't show as much as you think they will and it might not bother you as much as you think it will right now.
Great point...you probably won't even notice them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry, but you asked her to be in your wedding knowing she has tattoos. You could ask her to hold off on getting another one till after the wedding, but even then....touchy subject. KWIM. If somebody asked me to cover them up for pictures I would be hurt. All of my tattoos have a meaning and show the course my life has taken over the years, they ARE part of who I am. You love her enough to ask her to be in your wedding, but yet don't want something that sets her aside from others to not be. I don't want to sound mean in any way.

 

Plus, cover up may not hold up to well in the hot sun and may look even worse. If she is okay with it, I would take the course of having the photographer photoshopping them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
I am sorry, but you asked her to be in your wedding knowing she has tattoos. You could ask her to hold off on getting another one till after the wedding, but even then....touchy subject. KWIM. If somebody asked me to cover them up for pictures I would be hurt. All of my tattoos have a meaning and show the course my life has taken over the years, they ARE part of who I am. You love her enough to ask her to be in your wedding, but yet don't want something that sets her aside from others to not be. I don't want to sound mean in any way.

Plus, cover up may not hold up to well in the hot sun and may look even worse. If she is okay with it, I would take the course of having the photographer photoshopping them out.
She is an amazing friend, that is why I asked her to be in my wedding party. She got the tattoos on her back and wrist after I asked her. Regardless, it wouldn't have changed my mind about asking her. As stated in one of my previous comments, I don't want to say anything that will hurt her feelings, which is why I would not ask her to cover them up. She got the tattoos on her back (the ones I am more concerned about) spur of the moment and they are cartoon tattoos. I'm pretty sure there are other brides out there who would not want cartoon tattoos in their wedding photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by stachr View Post
She got the tattoos on her back (the ones I am more concerned about) spur of the moment and they are cartoon tattoos. I'm pretty sure there are other brides out there who would not want cartoon tattoos in their wedding photos.
Okay......I can see your concern now. How are they sized? What type of dress will she be wearing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Okay......I can see your concern now. How are they sized? What type of dress will she be wearing?
There are two and they are about the size of your hand stretched out. I haven't chosen a dress yet. I was hoping to find something that covered the back, but I haven't had any luck yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by stachr View Post
There are two and they are about the size of your hand stretched out. I haven't chosen a dress yet. I was hoping to find something that covered the back, but I haven't had any luck yet.
If they are located on her shoulder blades those are gonna be hard to cover up with a dress. If those are the only ones you are worried about....I wouldn't stress to much. How many wedding pictures do you see that show the backs? I haven't seen any that I know of. LOL. Still if you're worried, photoshop with approval or pashimas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×