Photo

"Bare Minerals" vs. Professional Make-up?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreamy101
    Wow your make up in your pics looks soooo good!!! You did an awesome job!! You pics look great - you are very beautiful :)
    Aww thanks so much! :) I was so stressed about doing my own wedding makeup since 90% of the time I don't even wear any and I'm not particularly experienced with doing a nice job of lining my eyes....I'm so glad you and other bdw gals here thought it looked good. I guess I'm more skilled with makeup thank I thought hehe.

P.S. Sorry for the derail!

#12 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
    • 382 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Several others have mentioned my concern above. I used to use Bare Minerals and I don't think they photograph well. Each time I have worn them and have been photographed I have a whitish hue in the pictures. If you want to use them I would do a test run and photograph yourself. I liked them for a while but I felt my skin got 'used' to them and they stopped looking at good.

#13 islandbride317

islandbride317
      • 1,866 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Great advice, everyone!

I am excited to try this stuff out over the weekend, and I think I will wear it when we go to get our Engagement photos done so I can see for sure how it will photograph! As you can see, I have VERY fair skin (which I am hoping to have a bit more tan by the wedding), so I definitely don't need something with a white hue to make me look even lighter!

And Kathy -- I agree with Dreamy101...you looked so gorgeous! Great job!
        Christie

#14 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

Thanks Christie! Let us know how your bare minerals trial goes!

#15 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:32 AM

i love bare minerals (and will do my own makeup for the wedding using them), but i'm also not one to wear a lot of face makeup/foundation. the coverage is pretty good, but sometimes my dark undereye circles require a little more, LOL.

i do need to buy some mineral eye shadows now tho! all i own is the starter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users