Photo

Separate Honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Not sure if there is a thread for this already...Is anyone planning to switch resorts after their wedding for their honeymoon? If so, to what resort? We are planning our wedding at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya and would like to do an adults only for our honeymoon. I would love any suggestions!
    *Katie*

#2 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
    • 438 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

Just what I was looking for...thank you!
      *Katie*

#3 JOSIE

JOSIE
      • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hey Katie! We're doing exactly what you mentioned! We wanted to switch to adults only and have something private :) We're checking out of the RIU the Monday after our wedding and having our honeymoon at Secrets Maroma Beach. We're just staying 5 days (monday through friday) since we'll have already been in mexico a while. I researched a lot of places and loved this one. Its only a few years old and it's gorgeous! Check out the pics: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

We were quoted 1920 for 5 days and that was for a partial ocean view. I think we're going to upgrade to a full ocean view though...anyway check out the website and let me know what you think. I'm SO excited.

#4 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
        • 438 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Thanks Josie! That is actually one that I was looking into and it's gorgeous! The price sounds reasonable too, which is another plus! It's definitely on my list...the other's we're considering are Excellence and Iberostar.
          *Katie*

#5 jlj1176

jlj1176
          • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KLaBate54
            Thanks Josie! That is actually one that I was looking into and it's gorgeous! The price sounds reasonable too, which is another plus! It's definitely on my list...the other's we're considering are Excellence and Iberostar.

We are getting married at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar on June 25th. We are checking out on June 27th and heading to the Excellence Playa Mujeres. We were originally going to go to the Sun Palace but Excellence is running a great sale right now!

#6 Maegan606

Maegan606
            • 115 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

ANy suggestions for where to go if we want to leave Mexico for the honeymoon? Thanks!
              ~Maegan

#7 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
              • 438 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

Before we decided to stay in Mexico for ours, we actually considered flying to Nassau to stay at the Atlantis on Paradise Island. We both really want to go there, but then changed our mind to make is easier and less expensive.
                *Katie*

#8 sunset78

sunset78
                • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

We are going to St Lucia 2 days after the wedding to stay at Anse Chastenet/Jade Mountain for 4 nights.

#9 Maegan606

Maegan606
                  • 115 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jpitts78
                    We are going to St Lucia 2 days after the wedding to stay at Anse Chastenet/Jade Mountain for 4 nights.
                    Are you flying to St. Lucia from Mexico?
                    ~Maegan

#10 nibsmom

nibsmom
                    • 564 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

We are leaving the Moon Palace the day after our wedding and heading to Excellence Riviera Cancun! It's really close to the Moon Palace and should be a nice upgrade for our honeymoon! It looks gorgeous there! So excited!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users