Photo

Oh NO!! I'm the newest member of the Two Dress Club!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessbgauvin

jessbgauvin
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hi all! FI and I are having a true honest to goodness old-fashioned elopement next month in Cozumel. This is a second wedding for us both. We have been together for 4 years and engaged for 2. Everytime we go away on vacation, our family thinks we are going to come back married . Well, this time they will be right!

I wanted a light weight dress, under $500 and here is the one I ordered in the color shown about 2 months ago. Until I started "browsing" again, it was perfect!!

Click the image to open in full size.

I received it in the mail within 3 days. Tried it on... BINGO! I am 5'10 and a 36DD and this dress really compliments my figure. The first one was lovely but I looked REALLY busty.

So what is the problem you ask?
    1. Need to sell dress 1
    2. We already bought FI's outfit from Tommy Bahama based on me wearing an ivory dress. Would me in white and him in an ivory short be ok? I am inclined to exhange the ivory shirt for white. what do you think?
    My pride and joy, son Nick:

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

I love that second dress from Davi'd Bridal! It is sooo pretty! You should post one w/ you wearing it!

Anyways I think you should exchange the ivory shirt for white - just my opinion....but that is what I would do!

And I actually had 3 wedding dresses at one time LOL! I got rid of one, and wore my "dream" dress, and the other one is still in my closet. I tried to sell it on eBay once but it didn't work, so I am just keeping it LOL! Anyways my point is I didn't regret buying my dream dress, and I'm so glad I did it!

#3 jmiranda

jmiranda
      • 697 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

I would go for either dress they are both beautiful. I say you post pictures of you in the dress and if you go with the second dress I would exchange FI shirt to white.

#4 jessbgauvin

jessbgauvin
        • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'll try to post some pics of me in the dresses if I can figure out how!!!

I agree - trade the ivory dress for white!

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

I agree w/ betsy! There are soo many of us extra dresses! I bought my first dress and it was ok, but finally gave in and bought THE dress and I'm soooo glad I did. I also tried selling mine on ebay, selling a dress is much harder than it seems! I definitely don't regreat buying my new dress I'm sooo in love w/ it!

I agree w/ betsy on the shirt, changing it to white. I think ivory or whatever color pants wouldn't matter, but I would change the shirt

#6 jessbgauvin

jessbgauvin
            • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

My "new" dress has a much bigger slip than the "old" dress. Delta had better be in a good mood on 5/18!!! Hopefully I can sweet talk my dress into the first class closet!

#7 jmiranda

jmiranda
              • 697 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jessbgauvin
                My "new" dress has a much bigger slip than the "old" dress. Delta had better be in a good mood on 5/18!!! Hopefully I can sweet talk my dress into the first class closet!
                LOL...I hope my dress gets first class too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users