Resort System Wide Group Booking - question for the TA's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ashrose

• 422 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:31 AM

I hope this is in the right spot...

One of my friends asked me today about doing the group booking thing at Palace Resorts and I thought I'd see if any of you have ever heard of this being done.

We're getting married at Moon Palace. Because it is one of the Palace Resorts, there are benefits (free nights, free functions) on the line if our guests book under our group contract. Some of our guests are not too keen on the idea of Moon Palace and have wondered about the other Palace resorts in the area. Since they have "sister resort" privillages... they wont have to pay for a day pass and they'll be able to get the experience that they want. I'm fine with that. Let's just send my step mom to the farthest resort away. Maybe in Cabo. Yes, I realize its on the other side of Mexico... Anyway, I'm inclined to want to encourage, suggest, beg that they stay at moon palace so we can get those group booking benefits.

The question is... has anyone ever heard of a resort offering the group benefits for their whole system of resorts... ie: book 25 rooms at any of the Palace Resorts in Cancun and qualify for the group benefits.

Is this ever done (at palace resorts or anywhere) or is it just a good idea that remains as one of those "gee, that would be fantastic" ?

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

it is usually for the same resort...i would be surprised if they allowed it to be spread amongst the different resorts.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users