Photo

Please help if you have Embossed before!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Kits55

Kits55
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

OK, here are my invites. They are finally done as of last week.

here is the back of the outside, where the embossing was the most difficult. I wasn't able to get a close up of the mistakes that I made but basically it came down to the powder over heating, the stamp not showing up all the way to the edges and even wiping off stray black powder left streaks on some of the invites. the insides were a little bit easier.

Click the image to open in full size.

in this one the invite is open and you can tell how light the font for the names is because you can barely read it. (another mistake).

Open invitation with the insert taken out

Insert by itself. I will say that the insert was by far the easiest to emboss :)

#12 sofylina

sofylina
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

It looks beautiful, maybe up close is rougher...but overall they are spectacular! Beautiful stamp!
    50 guests joined us for our cruise wedding in Grand Cayman! Simply perfect!

#13 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
    • 516 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

Ok... I know you are your worst critic, but the stamp is gorgeous and I really think you guests are going to love getting them. The detail is awesome. Remember this is just one element of a big celebration... send them off and cross it off. I love the swirls and the design of the layout!

#14 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

I think they turned out great. That stamp is awesome!
        Michelle

#15 Kits55

Kits55
        • 607 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

thank you girl so much for the positive feedback! I still love the idea of them even though they didn't turn out EXACTLY as I wanted them to. :) Thank you all for the advice and encouragement that you gave. :) I'll know who to ask for help if I need to emboss more stuff!

#16 khomac

khomac
        • 380 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

Okay, I know nothing about embossing and when you were describing it, I thought, "awe! Poor girl!" However, I just looked at them, and WOW!! I think they look beautiful! Like I said, I know nothing about it, but I don't see any mistakes.

I made my own invites as well, and I felt the same as you and found all the imperfections. However, my guests are carrying them around in the purses so that they can show their friends!!
          Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
          Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#17 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

Question - Are the words "Reception", "Cocktail" & "Dinner Reception" printed using rubber stamps? Love how your invitations turn out. Great job!

#18 Kits55

Kits55
            • 607 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by poohshek
            Question - Are the words "Reception", "Cocktail" & "Dinner Reception" printed using rubber stamps? Love how your invitations turn out. Great job!
            No, they are printed with a font that's called Scriptina. You can download it from here Scriptina Font | dafont.com. Da Font is nice because in the help section it tells you how to install the font on your computer so it shows up in all of your Word applications. If you have problems i can try to help you even though I don't really know what I'm doing very well. The font is very script-y so there are big spaces between some of the letters. You can that by changing the kerning, or character spacing. I had to play with that a lot using this font but there's a really helpful thread about changing the kerning on BDW. http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31083 Hope this helps!

#19 ran_bran

ran_bran
            • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

Im also embossing designs onto my pockefolds and the inserts of my invites :) I absolutely love it since my theme is all sand dollars and starfish. I bought most of my materials from Michaels so I could use half of coupons to save :) Anyways, I bought the special embossing ink. Used specifically for embossing and they have a range of different colors. Then I chose clear embossing powder they sell to put over the ink. My ink is brown so it comes out brown once I run the heat gun over it. BE SURE to angle the embossing gun so you can get even heat to the entire image. Don't hold to gun too close or else you will heat certain areas to quickly.

Hope this helps!

#20 Kits55

Kits55
              • 607 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by khomac
              Okay, I know nothing about embossing and when you were describing it, I thought, "awe! Poor girl!" However, I just looked at them, and WOW!! I think they look beautiful! Like I said, I know nothing about it, but I don't see any mistakes.

I made my own invites as well, and I felt the same as you and found all the imperfections. However, my guests are carrying them around in the purses so that they can show their friends!!
              that's when you know you've done a great job...when they're carrying them around in their purses! lol Thank you for the kind words :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users