In the mail today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

In the mail today I got a lovely (ready ugly as sin) letter from our local Holiday Inn telling me about their wedding services!!! As if I'd choose Bloomington's Holiday Inn over Dreams PV or Melia Caribe! I cannot figure out how they got my address, but regardless it made me laugh.

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

lol Tara. On most sites that I visit that ask for e-mail addresses or snail mail addys I always give a fake name - the address is real (depending on the site!) but the name is almost always fake. That way if something goes to my inbox or in the mail that is for Courtney McBoob, I know it's not something I'm actually interested in! lol. I've also set up a hotmail account strictly for these so my normal account doesn't get flooded with junk mail! It works well! I access it once a month or so to keep it activated!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Courtney McBoob!!!! Priceless.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

oh yea - sign up for the knot, and bamn - emails galore! once they hear "wedding" your email address likely gets sold to every wedding related site! wel, i should say i don't KNOW that it's The Knot, that was just an example.

i use my old married name Yahoo account for things like that! at least there's some use for it!

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
            Courtney McBoob!!!! Priceless.
            lol ya, I like to use fun names so at least there is some comic relief to receiving junk mail! "SPECIAL OFFER JUST FOR YOU, BEN DOVER!"
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

Courtney you crack me up!

Maybe it was the knot! i did JUST sign up for it the other week. Not that I've even been over there since I signed up. Ahh well

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

Grrrr i hate when sites do that!!! And really, who would choose the holliday inn? No thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users