Jump to content

Photo

Dreams La Romana


  • Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#801 GEM

GEM
  • Newbie
  • 58 posts

    Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

    Thanks, Pink:) The candles sound nice:) I was thinking about candles, too but I thought the same thing- that it would be too windy. I am actually looking for nice plastic vases. I don't really want to bring glass with me but if I have to I'll just wrap them up really good and carry them on.

    I still haven't heard anything from Yanna...hmmm, maybe I will email her. lol:)

    Amy, you've got 9 days to go!! I'm so0o0o excited for you!!! :)

    #802 dolfinluck

    dolfinluck
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,424 posts

      Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

      FYI, there was a pretty good review of a wedding on trip advisor and the bride posted pics of the wedding ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the pier and reception at SSG.


      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KPEG

      Also, I had a pamphlet thingy from Tiara sent to me months ago that showed wooden chairs for $8 each but when I asked about it, Yanna just told me $12 each. I sure hope I can get them for $8, 'cause even that is pushing my budget!
      The pamphlet on the website still states $8, I would print it out and bring it down with you.

      #803 KPEG

      KPEG
      • Jr. Member
      • 267 posts

        Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

        Thanks Dolfinluck! Ugh, all these little things are starting to add up and now ppl are pulling me and asking me all sorts of stuff! AAAAhhhhh. I can only imagine how Amy feels.

        #804 Pink_Petals

        Pink_Petals
        • Jr. Member
        • 192 posts

          Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amygirl1169
          Congrats, Jenne!
          Not much longer for me now, and I've been swamped trying to get everything done, everyone packed, etc... (my parents have never really been away and are driving me NUTS with small details!)
          Wow Amy, your wedding day is so close... Im sooooooo excited for you :) Hope you have a wonderful wedding! When are you leaving?
          Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

          #805 Pink_Petals

          Pink_Petals
          • Jr. Member
          • 192 posts

            Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by GEM
            Thanks, Pink:) The candles sound nice:) I was thinking about candles, too but I thought the same thing- that it would be too windy. I am actually looking for nice plastic vases. I don't really want to bring glass with me but if I have to I'll just wrap them up really good and carry them on.
            I was wondering whether you knew for sure if the airline (Sunwing) allows vases to go into carry-ons as maybe they may consider that glass can be broken and then used as a weapon?!?

            xoxo
            Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

            #806 Pink_Petals

            Pink_Petals
            • Jr. Member
            • 192 posts

              Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

              Awwww guys...I just checked my e-mail and Pastor Rick York is on vacation on the day I get married (Sept. 10 2010). I was wondering if any of your know of someone else like Pastor Rick who can similarily do ceremonies in fluent english?

              Is it really true that Tiara only does her short little ceremony? I have my vows written and they are quite long...Those who are using Tiara for they ceremony; are you using your own vows or the ones writen by the resort? They seem soooo short and not meaningful at all...

              please let me know...Im so sad and worried now
              Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

              #807 dolfinluck

              dolfinluck
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,424 posts

                Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pink_Petals
                Awwww guys...I just checked my e-mail and Pastor Rick York is on vacation on the day I get married (Sept. 10 2010). I was wondering if any of your know of someone else like Pastor Rick who can similarily do ceremonies in fluent english?

                Is it really true that Tiara only does her short little ceremony? I have my vows written and they are quite long...Those who are using Tiara for they ceremony; are you using your own vows or the ones writen by the resort? They seem soooo short and not meaningful at all...

                please let me know...Im so sad and worried now
                I wanted to use pastor rick as well but he was already booked on my day. i asked him if he could recommend anyone but never responded. For $150 there an employee of the hotel that will perform the ceremony.

                #808 Pink_Petals

                Pink_Petals
                • Jr. Member
                • 192 posts

                  Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dolfinluck
                  I wanted to use pastor rick as well but he was already booked on my day. i asked him if he could recommend anyone but never responded. For $150 there an employee of the hotel that will perform the ceremony.
                  Hi dolfinluck;

                  He responded quickly when I needed his services but no reply back for me either in regards to recommending somene else; probably doesnt want competition lol

                  Are you going with the emplyee of the hotel? Whats the difference between this employee and Tiara? english is better? longer ceremony? Did you write long vows as well??

                  sorry for all these questions but so many thoughts and questions are running through my mind now...I never expected not to have Pastor Rick busy on my wedding date *sigh*
                  Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

                  #809 KPEG

                  KPEG
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 267 posts

                    Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

                    I sure hope Tiara or someone can read my welcome, thank you and vows for no fee! She told me me that to avoid the fee they use someone from the hotel too. But I ended up writing something a little more meaningful than the one she sent me. Plus she sent me a Renewal of Vows script - we're not renewing. Even if the english isnt great, I don't want to pay and I will print a copy for guests to read during the cocktails or something.

                    #810 GEM

                    GEM
                    • Newbie
                    • 58 posts

                      Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

                      Thanks, dolfin for the info:) Definitely gonna check that out.

                      Pink, not sure about that airline. I am from the US and flying Continental...still have to check with them but pretty sure little vases would be fine.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users