Photo

December 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#121 bcbride

bcbride
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

Wow ladies! you are getting tons done! I am getting frustrated, we still don't have our rates from Transat, so I feel like alot of things are on hold since we can't make invites, therefore no rsvps yet, therefore we don't know for sure how many ppl are going, so no favors yet, and it goes on and on
    But on the bright side my dress is in :)
    BTW Autjo, just curious, what are 'un-bridesmaids'?

#122 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

un-bridesmaid would be an unofficial bridesmaid.. So if someone doesnt want to have a wedding party but want to do something for your close friends who in other circumstances (bigger wedding, at home wedding etc) would have been bridesmaids, they would have 'unofficial bridesmaids'. make sense?

we sent out save the dates before we had our hotel rates etc b/c we knew the week and the place we would be getting married. we wanted to give everyone as much notice as possible so we sent them out before we got rates.

#123 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

Happy Monday girls! We're nearing the 5 month countdown... so far away, yet so close

Thanks for explaining un-bridesmaids Nadine :)

We sent our save the dates before we had rates too. It gives people time to save and plan.

I got a bunch of stuff started this weekend and feel like things are actually coming together!!
        1. Sent un-bridesmaid stuff and everyone got them and accepted - yea!
        2. Started working on cake topper - making a monogram, not sure on how it will turn out.
        3. Printed invites and working on assembly.
        4. Got OTC maracas and trying to figure out how to decorate them
        5. Finished Tears of Joy packets:
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t44952

Still need to find FI and brothers in the wedding shirts. We are having a really hard time finding orange linen shirts that we both like (imagine that). Anyone heard of islandimporter.com? There are a couple of posts about them on BDW but they are older. I just ordered fabric samples from them and really like the guys shirts on their site. Guess we'll wait an see.

#124 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

I have heard of island importers but have never ordered from there before. I think they are good though?

ugh, so your sending out invites? Is it bad if we don't I just feel like I could use that money for something else since people already accepted/booked if they are coming.

#125 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

OMG. Don't get me started on invites. My mom wanted me to send out Save the Dates only to people who had already said they would go to Mexico. Then send out invites to those same people. Then send out invites to a different list of people for the AHR that she is making me have. And then send out announcements to anyone else she thought was going to have their feelings hurt for not getting an invitation.

I wanted to tell her to
            ugh, so your sending out invites? Is it bad if we don't I just feel like I could use that money for something else since people already accepted/booked if they are coming.

#126 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

hmm ok thanks for the info.

Well at least you have enjoyed making them and FI has been included and up for helping!! Thats cute :)

That is a whole whack of invites your sending out though, wow. You have alot of patience. We are not doing an AHR so that part is avoided for us as well!

#127 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
              • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

btw, why did jillian (adlergray) get banned? im shocked

#128 autjo

autjo
                • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

no clue on the ban, but it made me go back and re-read the forum rules. i just realized that i went back to a noob because i don't post enough - lol.

#129 angruck

angruck
                  • 248 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hi Girls,

I had my invitations made by someone on Etsy---we thought about making our own but it would be time consuming so we had to weigh the cost/time scales. we should be getting our invitations this week! I hope they turn out okay.
                    Angela & Chris

#130 shorty

shorty
                    • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

hello everyone im getting married dec 15 2009! i feel like i have nothing accomplished its really stressful hopefully it will all come together...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users