Sign in to follow this  
*Nadine*

December 2009 Brides!

Awesome! We share the same date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorBride View Post
HI there!! My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Tulum on Dec. 11th, 2009! Maybe we will bump into each other !!! Dont worry about your dress..you have plenty of time! Are you getting married on the beach or using the chapel? Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorBride View Post
HI there!! My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Tulum on Dec. 11th, 2009! Maybe we will bump into each other !!! Dont worry about your dress..you have plenty of time! Are you getting married on the beach or using the chapel? Happy planning!
Thats great! I am going to get married on the beach---haven't decided on the reception yet, might go inside for that. Ironically my wedding day is also my birthday! I am sure we will definitely bump into each other, did you just recently book the date? How many people are coming to your wedding?

I was just at a wedding 3 weeks ago at dreams tulum and it was so much fun and so perfect! My friend was married on the beach behind the seaside grill and then they had their reception at the seaside grill. I highly recommend having it in there b/c you get shelter from all the wind and they set it up so nicely. I saw a bunch of recptions by the pool and on the beach, which were beautiful as well.

I am so glad the invitations are done and sent! A big DIY accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohshek View Post
Hi Nadine, our wedding is in December too and I was looking for a thread dedicated for December 2009 brides. Thanks for giving us a head start. :)

We are getting married in Riviera Maya and be home before the high season.

These are the things I have done:

1. Purchased a dress but now thinking about getting a different one

2. Getting an estimate on the alterations cost

3. Booked a photographer

4. Sent out "Save the Date" email

5. Collecting guests' mailing address

6. Picked out a design for the wedding invitations

7. Purchased the materials for making the wedding invitations

8. Started working on the wedding web site

9. Completed wedding invitations and mailed them out.

Hi I'm getting married dec 4th 09 going to punta Cana dreams have my wedding dress and trying to send the deposit to punta Cana nervous to send acct info there any advice love to hear!!!! Game plan is to get married there and come back and have a reception here for family who can't come!

Welcome Kelly and congratulations!!! Your wedding is less than 7 months away and I bet you are excited!!!smile29.gif

There is a ton of information on this forum and there is probably a thread for 75% - 90% for the things that come to your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMatta View Post
Hi I'm getting married dec 4th 09 going to punta Cana dreams have my wedding dress and trying to send the deposit to punta Cana nervous to send acct info there any advice love to hear!!!! Game plan is to get married there and come back and have a reception here for family who can't come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohshek View Post
I am so glad the invitations are done and sent! A big DIY accomplishment!
This is my next major task! I just can't decide what direction to go in. We did boarding pass save the dates which everyone LOOVED!! (still need to post my thread on those). I'm at a loss for invitations. I'm not a very formal person so we'll see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnvb9 View Post
I see all these other threads for different months but not December! Wanted to see if there were any others out there?
And if so, what have you done so far in regards to planning?
Where and When are you getting married?

I am getting married at the Dreams Resort in Huatulco on December 29th, 2009. We fly out on christmas day (gasp!) and the guests fly home on New Years Day (another gasp!), but we will fly home on the 8th :)

So far all I have really done is:
bought my dress
boughtFI's suit
Bought rehearsal dress
Sent out STD's
Made a wedding website
Had most of our guests put down a deposit
Picked out bridesmaid dresses-will be buying shortly
Bought groomsmans outfits.
Purchased 9 spa wraps from Smarty pants boutique (bmaids & myself)
Purchased OOT bags
Purchased antibacterial soap from bath & body works, spf lip balm from avon, crossword puzzles & suduku books and pens from the dollar store-for oot bags
Created Welcome brochure for in the OOT bags (I know its early but I was bored one day!)
Put down deposit with photographer
Put down deposit with hotel to save our date

okay everyone i have sent out STD

put deposit on photographer

put deposit for hotel

booked flight

created website

looking at dresses friday and saturday!!! Hope to have one ordered this saturday!

The only thing I am in need of doing is invitations. i ordered some samples to see how they would look if we make them and the cost in comparison. We are doing foldouts. Any ones have any thoughts?

Ordering samples to get an idea is the way to go. In fact, I was disappointed with the sample and ended up making my own. So glad I did it and saved some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
okay everyone i have sent out STD

put deposit on photographer

put deposit for hotel

booked flight

created website

looking at dresses friday and saturday!!! Hope to have one ordered this saturday!

The only thing I am in need of doing is invitations. i ordered some samples to see how they would look if we make them and the cost in comparison. We are doing foldouts. Any ones have any thoughts?