• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#1281 oilersrock99

oilersrock99
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by AmandaBride 

Hi Brides!

I ordered a test suit for my fiance before we ordered 5 more for all of our groomsmen.  We ordered the waist coat and trouser set for $100 as well as a pure linen shirt for $50.  Total cost for shipping was $20 and duty and taxes were $30, so all together $200.

Although we are happy with the fit and quality of the waist coat and trouser set, the linen shirt came in with pink stains all over the shoulder and neck area.  When I contacted Studio Suits last night, their response this morning was that they have very strict quality control and QC checks everything before it is sent out.  However, I should take it to a dry cleaner and on the next order on the same shirt, they will give me 20% off.

I'm not very impressed with this seeing as we dont know if they will be able to get the stain out at the dry cleaners. I'm not sure if we will go ahead with the rest of the suits, or if we do, I will just leave out the white linen shirt as I dont want to risk wasting an additional $250 on shirts with stains on them that I can't return or get refunded for.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up and include some pics.  Any questions, just let me know!

Amanda

Hey Amanda.  Any update on the shirt and customer service from Studiosuits? 

#1282 AmandaBride

AmandaBride
    • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

@oilersrock99

Sorry for the late response!  I received the rest of the suits that I ordered for the groomsmen.  They all came in and all seem to fit the guys and look good.

As far as the customer service goes, the stain on my fiance's shirt never did come out.  We brought it to the dry cleaners and they said there was nothing that they could do.  We washed it, and it came out a little, but is still there.  Studio Suits didn't take any responsibility for it.  But gave us 20% off one of the groomsmen shirts.  They told us that we could have sent it back to them and they would take a look at the stain, but that would have left us no time before the wedding and I'm not sure if they would have sent us a replacement.  Our experience was good with them, except for the stain on the shirt.  Good luck!

Amanda 

#1283 Katryne

Katryne
      • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Question, so I've ordered the swatches of tropical linen and hawaiin linen.  I'm almost certain I've seen hawaiin gray before but it wasn't in the swatches.  The only gray was the tropical one and it was quite darker than what we had envisioned.  Anyone know??

#1284 gresley

gresley
        • 164 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm always skeptical of something so cheap, but it looks like the quality is actually okay. Did anyone use them as the suit for their wedding?

#1285 Katryne

Katryne
          • 260 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by gresley 

I'm always skeptical of something so cheap, but it looks like the quality is actually okay. Did anyone use them as the suit for their wedding?

Read the previous posts, you will find many couples who've used them, you'll even see some pics!  

#1286 Mlite83

Mlite83
            • 384 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Katryne 

Question, so I've ordered the swatches of tropical linen and hawaiin linen.  I'm almost certain I've seen hawaiin gray before but it wasn't in the swatches.  The only gray was the tropical one and it was quite darker than what we had envisioned.  Anyone know??

We ordered hawaiian light grey (x 5) for our wedding this past February (I think we ordered about mid-November)...if it wasn't in the swatches I would guess it maybe due to low/no stock available.  I know when we ordered our samples last summer one of the beige's had a note that explained it was low in stock.  That being said I don't know how long until the stock is replenished, maybe you could contact customer service?

Also I remember a bride on here did use the tropical gray and it looked very nice (maybe a bit more formal as it is darker), so you could check out her pictures as a back-up option.

#1287 Katryne

Katryne
              • 260 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

We ordered hawaiian light grey (x 5) for our wedding this past February (I think we ordered about mid-November)...if it wasn't in the swatches I would guess it maybe due to low/no stock available.  I know when we ordered our samples last summer one of the beige's had a note that explained it was low in stock.  That being said I don't know how long until the stock is replenished, maybe you could contact customer service?

Also I remember a bride on here did use the tropical gray and it looked very nice (maybe a bit more formal as it is darker), so you could check out her pictures as a back-up option.

Ah thank you! I knew I wasn't crazy! I emailed them yesterday.. we'll see what they say.  Good call on the pics, I'll have a look.  Thanks for answering!

#1288 Krystal084

Krystal084
                • Site Supporter
                • 30 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Katryne, can you let us know what they say, because I was just looking at that site as well and was disappointed to see that there was no light gray option!

#1289 pokeyholly

pokeyholly
                  • 176 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Katryne 

Ah thank you! I knew I wasn't crazy! I emailed them yesterday.. we'll see what they say.  Good call on the pics, I'll have a look.  Thanks for answering!

Originally Posted by Krystal084 

Katryne, can you let us know what they say, because I was just looking at that site as well and was disappointed to see that there was no light gray option!

I ordered the swatches back in February and there was a sample of the Hawaiian Light grey but when I went to place an order online, it wasn't listed. I contacted customer service and they no longer carry that fabric. I was pretty disappointed because I had my heart set on the light grey. We ended up buying linen suits from Le Chateau. They are really sharp and the shade of grey is perfect for the beach. Exactly what I had envisioned. It's pretty pricey but with the duties and shipping we would've paid ordering from Linen Suits, it evens out and everyone can try on their outfits prior to purchasing. My FI is wearing a suit and the groomsmen will be wearing the grey linen pants and the vest. I am really happy with them!  

#1290 lgerry

lgerry
                    • 349 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

My FI was going to order the Hawaiian light grey too, but I guess he's not anymore... Booooo 

Does anyone have any pics of their suits in Hawaiian Beige? Its so hard to tell what it will look like from a swatch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users