Sand Ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• 336 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

I love the idea of the Sand Ceremony with different colours of sand. However I would want to keep it as a keep sake and I was wondering how you would bring it home with you without it getting ruined (all shaken up)? Any suggestions, or has anyone done this?
    Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/

#2 jax_the_beach_bride

• 475 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

im going to be doing the sand ceremony as well.. and i just got glass ware at michaels and i think on the way back i will bring it on the plane with me.. so that it doesnt get shaken up... lol i havent really gone through all of the details but thats what i think im going to do! :)

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
      All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

#3 mfry

• 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

My set has a stopper, but I am going to put paper on top of the sand to hold it in place. But I am still going to hand carry it on the plane.

Check out my wedding website!! www.wedpagedesigns.com/sinnott

#4 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

I would recommend either carrying it in yor hand OR after the ceremony, let it settle and then pour more sand to really top it off before packing it with a stopper. Ours ot messed up due to the settling and movement while in transit back to the States.

#5 Michelle613

• 331 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

I'm a little confused- how does it get messed up? I thought that when we pour in the sand it gets mixed up together regardless & this is the beauty of it- that they become together as one- "...As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be."
            Michelle & Arsen
            Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#6 Mother of Bride

Mother of Bride
            • 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

My daughter is having the "sand ceremoney" but just is using smaller type vases that won't require that much sand...she figures if the sands gets mixed up and don't look that great, they can always do a "do-over" when they get home with some fresh sand & then just use the new one to put on the mantle or in a hutch as a remembrance.

#7 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

Hi! There is already a post on this topic! http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35307

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users