Photo

More days before wedding or after?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Laurita

Laurita
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

We are staying 3 full days before and 9 days after Well, Mexico is so far away from here so we decided to stay a bit longer!

I would say that at least it would be nice to stay couple of days after the wedding so that you can truly relax and enjoy your first days being Mrs. there and not in traveling or spending time at the airports etc.!

#12 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
    • 279 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

After! I have been to a few destination weddings. The ones who had more time before the wedding were stressed out. There is always something to do or nitpick.

The ones who had more time after the wedding were more relaxed and had a way better time since they were able to just hang out and spend time with their friends and family.

#13 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
    • 279 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

double post

#14 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
    • 342 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

we are arriving in Mexico either on a Tuesday or Wednesday, getting married on Saturday and leaving probably on Monday. I figured that most of my guests will only be coming in for a long weekend and me and my FI will be traveling to a different destination for our honeymoon anyway. So for us it makes sense to get there a few days before the wedding.
      ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#15 bryonandkiuana

bryonandkiuana
      • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

This helps me too. I'm thinking of changing to symbolic ceremony just so that I can enjoy Mexico on my honeymoon. Thanks all!

#16 nibsmom

nibsmom
        • 564 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

I think it's a matter of what you want...how long you want to hang around with family and stuff. Matt and I are going down on a Tuesday, our guests arrive on Thursday. Wedding is Saturday, and everyone leaves on Sunday...guests to go home, Matt and I to our honeymoon. I think we both feel that once we are married, we will want some alone time!!

#17 KimmyG

KimmyG
          • 520 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Great topic because I was thinking the same thing. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are- if you'll be able to relax in the days leading up to the wedding or if you'll be all jitters. It's my understanding that at Riu resorts you only have to arrive 2 business days before the wedding, not 4.

#18 LDee

LDee
            • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

I'll be in Mexico for four days before getting married (because of legal requirements), then leaving 1.5 days after. I don't think it's a big deal either way...at least this way, I'll be nicely tanned for our photos :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users