Money Back From Fortunoff?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hey Girls,

So a few months ago, FI and I got our friends who were registered at Fortunoff 4 of their china dinner plates. We found out today from the groom that they never got them. I guess they're on back order, and Fortunoff filed bankruptcy so they may never get them. I'm pissed because it was $150 total. I went back through my e-mail to try and find the order, but I think I deleted it. So now what do I do? Have any of yall dealt with an issue like this with Fortunoff or any other company? If they're never going to get the plates, then I want my freaking money back! And their website is ZERO help! I'm pissed!

Casey

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

I would contact your credit card company. They should have a record of the transaction and might be able to go after the company. However, I think there is a time limit that they can do that, so it might have passed. But I would start there and they might be able to offer suggestions on your next steps. Also, I would email Fortunoff and see what they say. Did you ever get a notice that they were on back order?

#3 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

That is horrible! What kind of customer service is that? Did you buy them online?? I couldn't find any contact info when I googled them but I found a list of stores that are still open w/ phone numbers, most are in NJ but they will probably have a number for you to call.....Fortunoff Store Locations
        Otherwise, like Carly said, call your CC company - they should be able to help you too.
        How did you find out they didn't get the gift? That's too bad .

#4 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carly
          I would contact your credit card company. They should have a record of the transaction and might be able to go after the company. However, I think there is a time limit that they can do that, so it might have passed. But I would start there and they might be able to offer suggestions on your next steps. Also, I would email Fortunoff and see what they say. Did you ever get a notice that they were on back order?
          I agree with Carly... and most credit cards have protection on them (I know mine do) - so maybe you can go that route as well. You bought a gift on it and it was never delivered.

I would absolutely call Fortunoff's, email them, stalk them if need be to find out what the deal is. Bankruptcy or not .. it shouldn't matter.

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

yeah contact your credit card company Casey - I've had random charges deleted months after. How long ago was it?

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

We found out because it's Stu's bachelor party this weekend, and the guy we bought the gift for was joking in an e-mail saying, "How dare you give me a goose egg wedding gift and expect me to go to Vegas for you bachelor party." So of course Stu asked me about it and that's how the whole thing started. I think we paid with Stu's debit card, so I'm gonna check in on that. So annoying! Damn economy!!!

#7 *Casey*

*Casey*
              • 5,209 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

It was back in December.

#8 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

you should be okay if it was back in December

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

but the debit card part might present an issue, grrrrrrr. i have heard that the bank will only back up credit card transactions and not debit. BUT it depends on the bank i guess.

MAN, that really sucks casey! i feel for ya

#10 jenjoe08

jenjoe08
                  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

Fortunoff maintains all of their records by name electronically. If you can get a hold of someone in a store, they will be able to find your transaction and see that it was not shipped, and hopefully refund your money. If that does not work, file a dispute with your credit card company. If you used AMEX, you will have no problem at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users