• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

With a DW you can do what ever feels right to you. I wanted none, but my FI wanted a few, so we comprimised and I chose my sister and BFF, he is having 3 close friends. It feels just right. All of our friends who are attending are honorary BMs and GMs as they would have been standing up with us if we had a traditional at home wedding.

#12 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

I've seen it done both ways. I personally didn't have a wedding party, but that's because we only had 6 guests attend the wedding. Anything goes when you have a DW, do as little or as much as you want to. I've seen big poofy dresses and sun dresses as wedding day attire, again it's all up to you. It will be great regardless. :-)

#13 deefalvey

deefalvey
      • 521 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

its whatever you want...FI and I talked about it on the drive home from getting engaged and we wanted a bridal party and we knew exactly who we wanted. we are having 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen - about 100 people at our wedding.
        Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#14 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

Im either having no wedding party at all, or just my sister as my MOH, still haven't decided. Either way, I didn't want the fuss of a bridal party, less things to deal with IMO

#15 kiki317

kiki317
          • 162 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

We're just having my sister (MOH) and her husband (who happens to be my FI's Best friend) as the BM so it works out perfectly. The only thing is i have a brother too and i was feeling bad not having him be involved but he said as long as he can wear the same thing as the BM he was ok with that. He's nuts- but it made me feel better :)

#16 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
            • 582 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

We are just having a MOH and BM.

#17 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
              • 166 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I want just a MOH and BM but he has so many friends that we are compromising in the middle. Only thing is now he has narrowed down to three and I only have two. I guess I will try to talk him down to two as well. Thanks for the input!

#18 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JennandMike08
                  I want just a MOH and BM but he has so many friends that we are compromising in the middle. Only thing is now he has narrowed down to three and I only have two. I guess I will try to talk him down to two as well. Thanks for the input!
                  I would not worry about it, I have the same situation, I have 2 he has 3. I think 2 guys will just walk down the one girl, she be like pimp of the day :)

#19 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                  • 327 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

at the most i'll have a moh and a best man. but i'm not sure about it yet. i think there will probably be less than 10 people there so i want everyone sitting down really, so it won't look empty. plus i'm having a vow renewal so i really don't need attendants.

#20 Nisi39

Nisi39
                    • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Geez...you all are putting me to shame!! I'm not having a wedding party OR guests!! Our ceremony will be a vow renewals for us and our First wedding ceremony. Been married 20 years so not really needing sheets and toasters! We want this to be ALL ABOUT US... Not to mention I can't deal with the stress any of the elements of a traditional wedding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users