Photo

question about kids ages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wahmsuzanne

wahmsuzanne
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I know most of the resorts charge the adult rate for kids 13 and over ... I have a family member whose daughter is 13 but they want to book her as 12 so she can get the child's rate and use the Kid's Club ... does anyone know much about this? Someone told me they do not check the kids ID's or proof of age ... we are looking at Dreams ... I would appreciate any info on this. Thanks!

#2 Candice

Candice
    • 223 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

I was talking to my friend who is our TA also, b/c my nephew at the time of booking will be 12 but be 13 when we travel. She said the resorts do NOT check nor do they care. So I don't think you have anything to worry about! :)
      50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#3 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
      • 343 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

We've traveled with FI kids and they have never asked for proof of age or anything! I don't think they care at all. The only time you have to show or use your passport is at the airport through immigration. I'd say go for it and you shouldn't have a problem at all.

#4 wahmsuzanne

wahmsuzanne
        • 131 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tcram
          We've traveled with FI kids and they have never asked for proof of age or anything! I don't think they care at all. The only time you have to show or use your passport is at the airport through immigration. I'd say go for it and you shouldn't have a problem at all.
          Did your kids look anywhere near age 13? Just wondering if that's matters

Thanks to everyone for your help on this!

#5 Inked1

Inked1
          • 161 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Tell them to book her as 12 and make sure they tell the daughter that, so she doesn't blow it! I can totally see my niece correcting her mom or dad at the most inappropriate moment...like checking in and confirming she is under 13...

#6 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
            • 343 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by wahmsuzanne
              Did your kids look anywhere near age 13? Just wondering if that's matters

Thanks to everyone for your help on this!
              FI kids were 6 and 11 at the time. The 11 year old could easily pass for 13 or 14. He's a big kid! No one ever asked any questions. They get the kids color wrist bands and that's it. You don't have to confirm anything and no questions are asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users