CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1031 traceysteve

traceysteve
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Tori,

I didn't have all of that drama because we are all flying out of Toronto, but, she is supposed to be your TA, which in theory means, she works for you. I went through itravel2000 and there were a couple of bumps, but all in all, it worked out. We got a fantastic price for the Riu, which we weren't even considering because it was sooo expensive. Make her fix it! Don't forget, everyone thinks that brides-to-be are a little bit crazy, play it up!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

It is so so frustrating! I feel like we made the wrong decision.  She really pushed Air Canada Vacations on us and so we booked with them.  All our guests will be connecting through TO and then we will on be on the same flight to the DR.  It sounded great to me and in theory works well BUT now that people are booking they aren't loving the idea... I am tempted to have her get direct flights for people with a different tour operator... so confusing, she is supposed to make my life easier yet she didn't bring up the downsides to this way of travel... oh well... live and learn!

I heard another bride call the dollarstore the "wedding planning store" lol I thought that was a good one and soo sooo true!!!  ANNNND even if I do get to the states before I am sure I will need another trip near the end of the summer so we can definitely go!!!!! 

#1032 Shahlo

Shahlo
    • 253 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

I am in Regina :(((. I like it here, people are really nice, but shopping, oh boy, what a terrible shopping you get here. My sister is in Ottawa right now, so she will be doing some of my shopping :). Good think she travels a lot and knows my style and size :)

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

Shalo, where do you live?

#1033 beachbum21

beachbum21
      • 438 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

I had the same problem in the begining, no one could get get ahold of our TA. In fact 20 of our guests went through a different travel agent because they were fed up. It makes it very difficult to organize the guest list with the wedding coordinator at the resort, when everyone is listed under different groups!

It is so so frustrating! I feel like we made the wrong decision.  She really pushed Air Canada Vacations on us and so we booked with them.  All our guests will be connecting through TO and then we will on be on the same flight to the DR.  It sounded great to me and in theory works well BUT now that people are booking they aren't loving the idea... I am tempted to have her get direct flights for people with a different tour operator... so confusing, she is supposed to make my life easier yet she didn't bring up the downsides to this way of travel... oh well... live and learn!

I heard another bride call the dollarstore the "wedding planning store" lol I thought that was a good one and soo sooo true!!!  ANNNND even if I do get to the states before I am sure I will need another trip near the end of the summer so we can definitely go!!!!! 

Hey Torilynn, Out of curiosity, why aren't people loving the idea of connecting thru Toronto? I ask because I'm about to do the same thing! Am going to pm u so as not to hijack this thread :)

#1034 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Leigh is in Regina too Shahlo!!!!!

Originally Posted by Shahlo 

I am in Regina :(((. I like it here, people are really nice, but shopping, oh boy, what a terrible shopping you get here. My sister is in Ottawa right now, so she will be doing some of my shopping :). Good think she travels a lot and knows my style and size :)

Beachbum, sorry just saw this after I answered your PM lol - just FIs uncle is not liking it.  I answered your message and then was talking to FI after and he was like "I am calling him to find out what the big deal is" I was like well they want to fly direct.  He was like whatever there is no difference it adds basically no time to their trip.  When he said that I thought you know what youre right! I am stressing out because 2 family members want a direct flight and not to connect through TO... I have decided to come to term with this is the rate we booked so that EVERYONE can be in the DR at the same time and enjoy the wedding AND a mini family reunion on each side... if they want a direct flight they are welcome to get one on their own but when I looked them up they are $400 more than our rate!  I think you just need to make a decision and stick by it! This works for us and satisfies our need to have everyone there at the same time, if people have different preferences they are welcome to book independently or our TA can get them something figured out to suit their needs!!!!

AHHHHHH I feel better!!! lol

#1035 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Sounds good to me...we'll make  day of it lol

So i just found out last night that ive had ppl trying to book....and my TA is also on vacation! why do they all choose now to do vacations? between canada post, my TA on vacation, and this crappy weather in regina.....im so glad its friday! martenni here i come

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1036 Shahlo

Shahlo
            • 253 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hey Leigh, I didn't realize you were in Regina as well. We are so lucky to be here :(((

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

lovin dollar stores these days so much! who would have known lol

hey tori: if you dont get to the states before I get home...do you wanna make a day of it?

#1037 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

LOL LOL I HEAR YA:

ive been here for lmost 10 months now, and seriously i miss london just for the shopping! why do your malls close at 6pm? lol lol ive ended up getting fam and friends to get stuff for me because its so limited here!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1038 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

YEAH NOT REALLY FEELING LUCKY...... and what is with this crappy weather?!!!!! lmao

Hey Leigh, I didn't realize you were in Regina as well. We are so lucky to be here :(((

#1039 Shahlo

Shahlo
                  • 253 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Tell me about it, it's driving me NUTS!!!

YEAH NOT REALLY FEELING LUCKY...... and what is with this crappy weather?!!!!! lmao

#1040 Shahlo

Shahlo
                    • 253 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

At least you know you are going to go back soon. I might be stuck here for good, it sucks so much. I absolutely hate shopping here. It's very limited and there is really no good place to go for shopping. I was getting the hell out of here when I met my FI and freaking got stuck :). I shouldn't complain too much, but it does suck.

LOL LOL I HEAR YA:

ive been here for lmost 10 months now, and seriously i miss london just for the shopping! why do your malls close at 6pm? lol lol ive ended up getting fam and friends to get stuff for me because its so limited here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users