Sign in to follow this  
Blackpearl

English to Spanish???

I use my Microsoft WORD on my computer, but if it's for a professional thing, then you need a real translator since it's not accurate all the time, good luck!

For Canadians, go to: Dominican Republic Canada

Tourism Section (left side) --> Non Immigrant Services (center right) --> Documentation for Getting Married (in the list under Non Immigrant Services)

It lists the prices to have the consulate do the translations as well as legalize along with a sample set of doument translation costs. The cost to translate a document is 40$ US per document The cost to legalize a document is 100$ US per document

You do this within 3 months of getting married.

What doc's are you talking about? Our resort gave us a Spanish copy of our MC and then a translated one English and I think it was $45. If it is for your Marriage Certificate check w/ your resort and see if they do it!

We have the Spanish one only.

And it's $40 to translate to English, then it's $100 to legalize it. I'm not really sure what that means, but we had to do the same with our docs going down there.

In Canada it costs about $360 US to get your docs translated and legalized at the Dominican Embassy or consolate in order to have a legal ceremony in the DR. You have to get your birth certificate and passport and single status declaration done. If you have been married before add in the divorce/death certificate.

I just got my marriage certificate in the mail yesterday (in Spanish) and was wondering if I needed to get it translated....Thanks BachataBride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
In Canada it costs about $360 US to get your docs translated and legalized at the Dominican Embassy or consolate in order to have a legal ceremony in the DR. You have to get your birth certificate and passport and single status declaration done. If you have been married before add in the divorce/death certificate.

I just got my marriage certificate in the mail yesterday (in Spanish) and was wondering if I needed to get it translated....Thanks BachataBride!
So, it only took a few weeks after your wedding to receive your certified marriage certificate? I've noticed in some countries it takes 3-4 months to get it, but I haven't found any info on that for DR. Let me know if you don't mind - that will definitely solidify my plans to marry there.

Thanks!
Lori