Photo

English to Spanish???

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpearl

Blackpearl
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:44 AM

Would anybody by chance, be able to tell me how much it cost to have your documents translated from English into Spanish

#2 KLK

KLK
    • 205 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:11 AM

I use my Microsoft WORD on my computer, but if it's for a professional thing, then you need a real translator since it's not accurate all the time, good luck!

#3 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

For Canadians, go to: Dominican Republic Canada

Tourism Section (left side) --> Non Immigrant Services (center right) --> Documentation for Getting Married (in the list under Non Immigrant Services)

It lists the prices to have the consulate do the translations as well as legalize along with a sample set of doument translation costs. The cost to translate a document is 40$ US per document The cost to legalize a document is 100$ US per document

You do this within 3 months of getting married.

#4 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

Oh...and don't forget the same fee applies for getting your marriage certificate translated from Spanish to English after you return!!

#5 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

My TA got me in touch with this company, even though we don't really need it since we aren't doing the legal ceremony in the DR. She said this is one of the best companies used for this type of thing:
            WEDO .:: Contact us::.1-800-686-WEDO..

Good luck

#6 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

What doc's are you talking about? Our resort gave us a Spanish copy of our MC and then a translated one English and I think it was $45. If it is for your Marriage Certificate check w/ your resort and see if they do it!

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

We have the Spanish one only.
                And it's $40 to translate to English, then it's $100 to legalize it. I'm not really sure what that means, but we had to do the same with our docs going down there.

#8 Blackpearl

Blackpearl
                • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

Thank you ladies, this info is very helpful

#9 seaprincess

seaprincess
                  • 753 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

In Canada it costs about $360 US to get your docs translated and legalized at the Dominican Embassy or consolate in order to have a legal ceremony in the DR. You have to get your birth certificate and passport and single status declaration done. If you have been married before add in the divorce/death certificate.

I just got my marriage certificate in the mail yesterday (in Spanish) and was wondering if I needed to get it translated....Thanks BachataBride!
                    Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#10 eloping789

eloping789
                    • 290 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by seaprincess
                      In Canada it costs about $360 US to get your docs translated and legalized at the Dominican Embassy or consolate in order to have a legal ceremony in the DR. You have to get your birth certificate and passport and single status declaration done. If you have been married before add in the divorce/death certificate.

I just got my marriage certificate in the mail yesterday (in Spanish) and was wondering if I needed to get it translated....Thanks BachataBride!
                      So, it only took a few weeks after your wedding to receive your certified marriage certificate? I've noticed in some countries it takes 3-4 months to get it, but I haven't found any info on that for DR. Let me know if you don't mind - that will definitely solidify my plans to marry there.

Thanks!
                      Lori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users