help make my mind up...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saltocoach

• 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

I'm getting married at the Riu Palace and I'm torn between doing a private reception at the pool (baja norte) or just doing it at the steakhouse. My FI likes the feel of the poolside but I'm unsure of the cost. Has anyone done the pool before and if so was it super expensive? I really have to watch my budget because we want the jacuzzi suite as well as fireworks and a 2 week stay. Any help is appreciated.

#2 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

I have not been to the RIU but when we made our decision my FI said something that made sense....why have everyone spend all this money to come all the way to Cabo if we are going to put them indoors. After thinking about it that way, I moved our to the pool area at our resort. Good Luck...either way, it will be amazing!

#3 stacey_marie015

• 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

I just got back from our vacation to Cabo and stayed at the Riu Palace. It is an amazing resort. We absolutely loved it. I would also go with the reception by the pool. But check out this link for some pics, hopefully it will help you make the decision.

Picasa Web Albums - MangoWeddings - Riu Palace Lo...

#4 Nanner431

• 97 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

Hi There, we had our reception at the steakhouse. It's not inside - it's all open air - no walls whatsoever. What I really enjoyed is that they actually put us on the lower level of the steakhouse which was beach level so it was pretty much like having our reception on the beach. With that as well - there was absolutely no traffic around us as far as people walking or anything - it was super private. Just like asking for an entirely private reception. There are some links on here to pics of both by Mango.

#5 JCruz

• 154 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

I was thinking about the pros and cons of both locations as well. The one thing I was wondering about the pool was dancing. I saw the set up for dancing on the terrace at the steakhouse, but how would it work by the pool? The beach is also another option I'm considering.

#6 saltocoach

• 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

When I was there last November doing a site inspection I saw a wedding at baja norte. We also saw one on the beach under the steakhouse. The only con I noticed about both was the wind. I know that the pool area is great for pictures but I also don't want the guests having their hair blow in their faces. I am also concerned about the cost of the menu. I love the food at the steakhouse but I'm not sure if we can get that menu by the pool. ....I know....I'm high maintenance and so confused!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users