Photo

Capilla Josepfina

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ELEGANTE3

ELEGANTE3
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

Has anyone been to a site location called Capilla Josefina? It's a chapel. I saw a picture of it online and feel in love with it! It's so quaint and beautiful! However, it looks small (especially since we're planning on 100 guests). Also, any idea where it is located - is it part of a hotel? Any info you could share would be great!
    Wedding Date: October 20, 2007
    Wedding Location: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#2 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:25 PM

Is it the same as Sunset Chapel at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach?
      MariaElena - 10/28/06
      Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#3 LIZAGEHL

LIZAGEHL
      • 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

This is the chapel at El Canto in San Jose del Cabo. I was quoted a $1600 site fee that was due by cash or check, if you weren't using the resort.

#4 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

That sounds really high for use of the chapel.
          MariaElena - 10/28/06

#5 LIZAGEHL

LIZAGEHL
          • 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

I totally agree that it seems high. I spoke to the resort directly though. Because the chapel was built on the resort property, they want to you to book rooms, as well as your reception there. Because I am having my reception at Casa Natalia, and am booking accommodations there, they said they charge a higher site fee. I also loved the chapel. I am not Catholic, so the big church was not feasible. I thought the chapel would be ideal for our small wedding, but I will not pay that much. I am now looking into a beach ceremony.

#6 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
            • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

It figures that they want you to spend more money there. I'm sorry they tried to gouge you.

I think it's great you're having your reception at Casa Natalia though. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'm sure the beach ceremony will be beautiful!
              MariaElena - 10/28/06

#7 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
              • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ELEGANTE3
                Has anyone been to a site location called Capilla Josefina? It's a chapel. I saw a picture of it online and feel in love with it! It's so quaint and beautiful! However, it looks small (especially since we're planning on 100 guests). Also, any idea where it is located - is it part of a hotel? Any info you could share would be great!
                If I remember correctly I think is the one in downtown San Jose and looked pretty big to me....

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

please look at the date of the original post before answering questions like this --- this thread is almost 2 years old!!!!

There is some incorrect info in this thread too -- Capilla Josefina is located at El Encanto Inn in downtown San Jose del Cabo.

Here is the link to the hotel (which has photos of the chapel): El Encanto Inn - Hotel & Suites
                (my parents are staying at El Encanto Inn for their entire trip for my wedding in 3 weeks, I will ask my dad to photograph the chapel inside & out thoroughly for BDW)

and a recent member got married there in March - coreyphil (her name is Corey) - here is her return post with a few extra photos of the chapel:
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t17543

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users