Photo

How many Costa Rica brides are out there?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 carleyanne

carleyanne
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Did anyone getting married in Costa Rica purchase wedding insurance?  I can't seem to find an insurance company that will cover weddings in Costa Rica.  Thanks!

#32 lindsayCR

lindsayCR
    • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Hola lovely Costa Rican brides! I am getting married in Playa Grande, just north across the estuary from Tamarindo, at the Rip Jack Inn on December 3, 2011. We rented a few houses nearby for friends and family, and we are staying for a week before the wedding in Playa Grande.

I was wondering if anyone who was married in the Tamarindo area has any band recommendations for the ceremony and reception? I would love to book a local reggae band, bur really any band that will be fun for both our friends and older family members would be great!

Thanks so much, and happy planning. :)

Lindsay.

#33 JacoExpert

JacoExpert
      • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi there, a Canadian national, Donnie Walsh, lives in that area. He has a blues band that plays out in that area fairly often. I know you could get a band from San Jose to make the drive, but you would have to put them up for the night. Kingo Lovers are a good roots reggae band, they have opened for Alpha Blondie, Steel Pulse, and others. I know, because I produced the shows. Un Rojo are also good. Good luck.....

#34 MegnAustin

MegnAustin
        • 37 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

New Costa Rican bride here!! Just decided a couple weeks ago this will be our location May 3-10! Lookin forward to finding some good ideas here. 

#35 soulshine101

soulshine101
          • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

I'm very interested in planning a similar wedding in Costa Rica. I'm just worried that it will cost a ton. How much would you say you spent?

Thanks so much!

#36 blschultz

blschultz
            • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Take a look at this site near Playas del Coco.  http://www.bahiapezvela.com/  It is a lovely place on the beach, and a great resturant.  They can handle 80-100 for a wedding.

#37 Brad Moodie

Brad Moodie
              • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

If anyone is looking for a great wedding band in Tamarindo, check out Los Mojitos at livemusicincostarica.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users