Secrets SILVERSANDS anyone??
Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:53 PM
OK... here are my honest opinions, but I know everyone's taste is different, so it's a hard call. Honestly, I was not impressed with Secrets Silversands. Secrets Maroma was by far, the nicer of the two resorts. Here were my issues with SSS:
1) Service. The greeting when we arrived at the front entrace was far from welcoming. It's also a very "un-impressive" looking resort from the front. We waiting for a very long time for the wedding coordinator Lizette to greet us, even though we had a pre-scheduled appt. with her. When we arrived, she seemed surprised to find out that she had been scheduled to even meet with us. That said, she is very sweet and she really warmed up to us during the tour and was very helpful with any questions or information we requested.
2) Overall, I think the resort was already showing signs of "wear and tear", even though it's only about 1 year old. The guest rooms are pretty nice, but I much preferred the look and feel of Maroma.
3) The beach was VERY disappointing. If you want to get married on the beach, don't do it here. Maroma's beach is much, much nicer and much larger.
4) We were not offered lunch at SSS, so I didn't get an opportunity to taste the food, but we were offerered lunch at Maroma and it was excellent, as was the service.
5) Clientele was a little on the what I would call "questionable" side for a resort of this caliber. Seemed like more of a college party resort than a romantic wedding/honeymoon resort that is selling itself as catering to couples.
I had read quite a bit off trip advisor before we took the trip and I have to say that I agree with most of the negative reviews of SSS. I'm glad we went though and it helped confirm our decision to go with Secrets Maroma.
A fluke coincedence when we were taking the tour: I ran into a old friend of mine who just happened to be checking out that day from SSS. I haven't had a chance to speak with him yet, but he did mention that they enjoyed the resort. Again, it's really so much on personal taste. I know SSS is a little less expensive than Maroma too, so that may be a deciding factor. If you have the extra in the budget, I would say to switch to Maroma.
Hope that helps
Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:08 PM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:24 PM
Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:56 PM
| Originally Posted by livinlife |
Ok, so I'm pretty new to this forum (or any forum for that matter) but i'm starting to get a little worried. Are there any Secrets Silversands brides out there? I chose that Hotel because it is very contemporary looking, good food choices etc. Beach is not as good as Maroma but it is not as expensive as Maroma.
The resort is pretty new.. From what I've read it opened in 2009. Nevertheless I don't hear anyone else planning a trip there or their wedding there so I'm wondering if there's something i'm missing.?? Help!
Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:40 PM
Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:25 PM
Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:09 PM
Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:13 AM
Yes! Would love to see some pics. Getting married there in May : ) Doing the gazebo I think.
Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:14 AM
We're getting married there in May. So excited! How's your process going?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users