Photo

Calgary AB-- Linen pants for men, suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hey All!

So I'm debating between ordering pants for FI and GMs internationally or trying to find them here... has anyone had any luck here in AB? The only place I've found any so far is Tux and Cameo in Dalhousie, and they are pretty pricey.

Suggestions?

#2 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

We are trying to figure out the same thing too! We just planned on waiting until banana came out with their spring/summer stock, but we have until december for our wedding so time is on our hands. A friend of mine who got married last year, got his suit from Harry Rosen (pricey though), other than that I wouldnt know where to look? Jcrew ships to canada, lots of the time for free, and will be getting their spring/summer stuff soon too?

#3 ashey063009

ashey063009
      • 604 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

WHAT!? Jcrew ships to Canada!?? OMG, I think you might have just made my day! lol Thanks :)

#4 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

hahahah Don't hate me when you start having UPS show up at your door every two weeks like I have.. ..
          We are getting my girls bmaid dresses from there (not the typical bmaid dress and the chiffon dresses are great and can totally be worn again -at least i think so since I own two of them!)
          Make sure you sign up on their website b/c then you will get their promos/discounts. They always have something (free shipping, 20% off, 30% off etc).

#5 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
          • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

btw, we have 'better together' as our song on our ewedding website...love it

#6 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
            • 258 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

I wish I could help... I just ordered FI's and GM's pants from DogFunk.com. FI's hates khaki/linen or anything of the sort. All the guys are wearing Volcom Chino pants.. black pinstripped! Have you tried BR/Gap/Old Navy??

#7 binzer

binzer
              • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:02 AM

My sister lives in Calgary, but she only shops designer so the only places I know of are Holts and Harry Rosen :S

#8 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

Le Chateau carries linen in their summer line. You might be able to find something there when the summer lines come out in the stores.

Good luck!
                  Jennifer & David
                  January 22, 2009
                  Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#9 ashey063009

ashey063009
                  • 604 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for the suggestions girls, I will definitely give them all a try. FI is pretty picky, so I'll send he and the GMs on a hunt-- Banana is a great idea, but no linen yet sadly.

Cheers!

#10 calchik

calchik
                    • 166 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

my FI got his linen suit for $100 at Pinstripe in Sunridge Mall. I think they have one downtown too. but he bought his last summer so you might have to wait a bit until those styles come back out again for the season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users