• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

I remember reading a thread that the deposit is a newer thing late summer fall of 08' at Dreams Cabo.

#12 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

I booked last May 08 so I did not leave a deposit for Dreams, but Yesica has been in contact with me verifying that everything is going well. I also have an outside WC so I did leave her a $500.00 deposit so maybe some of that deposit went towards the resort.

#13 eyarelwayen13

eyarelwayen13
      • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ana
        hmm we didn't order a package because we're planning everything separately so I don't know how much help this will be. But we didn't put down any deposit. Our guests booked their rooms with a TA, and the WC at Dreams reserved our reception time and restaurant etc... It was all over the phone and through email.

hello ana
        did you hire an outside weddng coordinator? is that why you didn't get the dreams' wedding package?

#14 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

I just booked my wedding at Dreams and Yarai has asked me for a deposit also. I told her that I'm not purchasing a wedding package and that our rooms have already been booked through a TA and I asked her if I still have to pay the deposit, and if so, what the deposit goes towards. I don't have a problem with paying it (it's not like I'm going to cancel or anything) but I know a number of people who haven't paid a deposit so I just wanted to check :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by eyarelwayen13
          hello ana
          did you hire an outside weddng coordinator? is that why you didn't get the dreams' wedding package?
          I don't think Ana saw this but I know the answer so I'll answer for her She didn't book an outside wedding coordinator, but she did book some external vendors on her own (like for flowers and cupcakes). Her ceremony was also located somewhere other than Dreams so she didn't need the ceremony things.

#15 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

heather, are you having any sort of ceremony or reception at dreams?

when you say you aren't booking a package are you going a la carte or booking your own vendor?

if you are doing any sort of ceremony or private event there will be a charge whether or not you choose a package...the deposit could be to hold locations, etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#16 marise

marise
          • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

My wedding is in October '09 and I paid the $500 deposit in November '08. Yarai, my Dreams WC, sent me a contract and the last page did specify my wedding date. We're also not going to purchase a Dreams Wedding Package since I pretty much contacted all my vendors (florist, DJ, photographer, Videographer) myself. We are just paying a la carte for services. But we are having our ceremony and reception at Dreams so the $500 deposit that I paid in November will go toward the ceremony/reception set up fee and the food. Hope this helps!

#17 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

Thanks Tammy and Marise - I spoke to Yarai yesterday and clarified that I do have to pay the deposit. I was confused because I know others that didn't have to, but since it's a new policy, it makes sense. I'm OK with it anyway because it's nice to get at least part of our costs out of the way now!

We're having our ceremony and reception at Dreams but using all outside vendors except for some small items like the hanging lanterns, etc.

Marise, what is your wedding date? You said October but your details say Aug 26. I'm just wondering if we'll be at Dreams at the same time! :)

#18 marise

marise
              • 179 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:18 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Heather*

Marise, what is your wedding date? You said October but your details say Aug 26. I'm just wondering if we'll be at Dreams at the same time! :)
                Oh My Goodness! Thanks for noticing Heather! We had originally talked about having it in August but we ended up changing it to October 26th, and I guess I never changed our wedding date! hahaha. Thanks for letting me know! We'll be at Dreams from October 21st through the 30th. Are you staying a little while after your wedding? If so Yea-yay! I might get to meet another BDW bride!

#19 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

Yeah we're there from Oct 19 - 25th! I'll see you there for sure!

#20 krebsler

krebsler
                  • 153 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

I sent my $500 deposit back in April for our June 25, 2010 wedding. I never signed a contract though? Do I need to finalize all my details first before my WC will send my contract? Is that why I haven't signed a contract yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users