Photo

help with bridal speech

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gail

Gail
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

I would like to make a short speech/toast does anyone have any samples. I can't even think anymore. My FI mom recently passed and I don't know if I should mention in speech. I don't want to upset his dad and family. I was going to do memorial table, but i'm afraid her pic will make them break down
    Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#2 binzer

binzer
    • 230 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

What does your fiance think? I think he would probably have some valuable input since he knows his family best. I also think it's ok for people to be a little sad if it's a special moment (it's sort of like watching a sad movie...it's worth it).

#3 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
      • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

There is an entire thread on here about 'memorial' gestures (I can't find it right now); I would discuss it with FI to see what he thinks will be best.
        My grandmother passed away last year and I am using her ring as my wedding band; so we are going to incorporate a small snippet in our programs about my e-ring being from FI Grandmother (who is too elderly to be able to join us) and my band being from my Grandmother. We may also include something in the ceremony.
        I agree with binzer.. its okay if people are a little sad; its a different kind of sad, almost a happy one because they will be remembering the person they loved.

#4 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

There is an entire thread on here about 'memorial' gestures (I can't find it right now); I would discuss it with FI to see what he thinks will be best.
          My grandmother passed away last year and I am using her ring as my wedding band; so we are going to incorporate a small snippet in our programs about my e-ring being from FI Grandmother (who is too elderly to be able to join us) and my band being from my Grandmother. We may also include something in the ceremony.
          I agree with binzer.. its okay if people are a little sad; its a different kind of sad, almost a happy one because they will be remembering the person they loved.

#5 Gail

Gail
          • 358 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

we both want to show she is missed but afraid of upsetting his dad. I guess it's all about finding a happy medium. Are you guys doing a speech thanking everyone etc...
            Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#6 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
            • 305 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunsetbride1
              That's so sweet. My Grandmother also left me her engagement ring (which was her mother's engagement ring) before she passed away almost 2 years ago. I will have to think about how to include that.

Although, I don't know how people feel about that. To me the ring is very special, but I have been getting weird reactions and comments. Have you?
              http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
              [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DarcyJAde
                That's so sweet. My Grandmother also left me her engagement ring (which was her mother's engagement ring) before she passed away almost 2 years ago. I will have to think about how to include that.

Although, I don't know how people feel about that. To me the ring is very special, but I have been getting weird reactions and comments. Have you?
                I have not gotten any 'weirdness' from anyone. The family is very happy that we are finding a special way to incorporate both grandmothers in the ceremony who can't be there for whatever reason. I would speak to you family and tell them that you would like to include something; ask them what they would be comfortable with. Every family is different; mine is super laid back so not much bothers them or makes them comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users