Sign in to follow this  
jenn2000

Melia Varadero??

Hi Chantelle,

Which is the new Iberostar that just opened? We're currently looking at Iberostar Varadero as a top choice but would be interested in learning more about the new one.

Thanks Krista and good luck with the planning!! We are in the final stages of being able to 'have a date' but we are hoping for May 18th *fingers crossed* I have heard really good things about the Melia Varadero as well, and it does look gorgeous. Where are you guys having your ceremony? We are thinking of the gazebo, but would like to see other options. Have you been able to talk with the resort much yet? Have you guys sent your STD's yet? I know a million and one questions :-)

Krishna the new resort is called Iberostar Laguna Azul...it opened up June 30th. We were at a friends wedding at the Iberostar Varadero last November and it was perfect for a wedding and the resort, food and staff were amazing. Msg me if you'd like any pics from the resort

We have our invitations sent out, and 28 people booked so far. I haven't been in contact with the resort myself much yet... it's mostly been through our TA so far. We are planning on having the ceremony in the gazebo as well... the pics of it look beautiful.

Thanks Krista! We are sllooowly narrowing it down. This one and the new Iberostar are the last two to choose from. Have you been dealing with the wedding coordinator there? She is really nice and returns any emails I have with in a day or two...let me know if you want me to send you the pics/info that she has sent me.

That'd be great if you could send me the pics she has sent you. She tried to email me pics of the places for our reception but I didn't get them. She said their email has a very small capacity or something... I picture a computer that came off the ark for some reason, lol. Thanks!

Here is the e-mail address for the Melia Cuba rep. in Canada. Her name is Melissa and she is FULL of valuable info. Has a high e-mail capacity, responds quickly and is all-around helpful.

melissa@solmeliacuba.com

She should be able to send you pics, answer questions, etc. without the delay of going through your onsite resort WC.

Thanks ashey...I will email Melissa asap :-)

Krista - hahah I love the image of the computer from the ark. It wouldn't surprise me if it was something very close to that. I will try posting the pics on here, but haven't done that before so let's hope it works

Here is the info Joyma has emailed me...I also asked her what size/shape table they have because we are going to be bringing down some of our own decorations and she said they have round tables that seat 8, and square tables that seat 4 (so I would imagine you put those together).

We have Free Wedding. This package only applies for wedding with 17-pax minimum for 6 nights or 8-pax for minimum 12 nights.

The Luxury wedding in Melia price 1250.00 CUC and the Glamorous wedding in Meliá price 940.00 CUC.

If you have more than 17 people for 6 night you apply for the Free wedding package.

For the dinner reception: If you have more that 22 guest I could give you a free dinner reception with red wine, rose wine, white wine, water, beer and sodas, if not you can see the extra services:

Has dinner private style to the Carte--------------------------------------------------------- 35.00 CUC

(it includes open bar 2 hours, with drinks and Cuban cocktails) (50 % discount for children)

(when it is mounted in areas outside of restaurants)

We a gazebo for weddings, but not is by the water, it is near to the water, have ocean view, it is nice. The guest are outside to the gazebo, just in front to it, not inside, the gazebo is for the couple, not for everybody.

I can hear the Cuban accent in her writing! I love it and can't wait to be there drinking Mohitoes! woot.gif Now I will try the pictures...