Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:46 PM
I know there's a few others that are Explorer brides, what are you feelings on this? Am I over reacting? I'm really trying to just be patient and wait it out, but I can't help but think my wedding is less then 3 months away and my luck they will end up canceling my cruise!
Since I'm not going through the ship for our wedding, should I inform my wedding planner in Bermuda? I'm not sure what I should do!!
Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:49 PM
Gotta go investigage. Thanks for mentioning this.
I hope it works out for you & you're not impacted....Why don't you call RC & ask them what the possibility is of the ship being docked for your wedding week. Maybe they'll have another ship replace that one & your plans won't change. I also think you should call your WC & just advise her of the situation in the event that something does happen. At least she'll be informed & can work out an alternate plan for you.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:11 AM
The last sailing, leaving DR they hit a reef or something of the sort, so 1 of the propellers isn't working. They skipped Labadee on the last sailing, on the sailing that's due back today, they skipped Puerto Rico to give them extra time in St. Thomas to try and fix the problem. Since they couldn't fix it in NJ, cause the Hudson is so cold and dirty! So apparently they sorta fixed the problem in St. Thomas. Royal hasn't officially said if its fixed or not, it's mainly rumors and according to someone that is currently on the ship, she's not sailing nearly as fast as usual.
According to rumor, they fixed it sorta until they can get a dry dock spot. Explorer isn't scheduled for a dry dock until 2010. Obviously since she travels so far and peak Caribbean sailing times coming up, I'm sure if she needs to be dry docked, they're trying to get the soonest possible time slot. I'm just scared it's going to be my wedding week!!!
I'm trying not to think about it, but I keep getting this pit in my stomach that after 11 years something is going to go wrong!!
Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:51 PM
Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:58 PM
Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:23 PM
Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:59 PM
The problem is that customer service has NO IDEA what is going on!! They where telling people it was fixed in NJ!
I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope it takes a while to get a dry dock slot! It took Navigator almost a year of sailing with no stabilizers before they fixed her!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users