Photo

Venting-I need to find a career!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

So I finished college with a degree in English and Education...
    I quickly began subbing in local schools with no job offers, which made me think of a new path...

So last year I decided I wanted to get into the book publishing field...Either write, edit, copy write...basically anything to get me started. However, All these major companies are looking for experienced people, and I don't have the exact experience but I would like to learn...I would intern and work for free..but in order to intern you need to be in college...Frustration!

So here I am rethinking another path..and going back to school...

Ultrasound tech. or Xray tech.

I have no idea what I should do.. Go back to teaching, try for publishing, or start a new career.....??

Any helpful advice?!?!?

Suggestions?

I am just lost!

Jodi
    24 Rooms Booked!

#2 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:51 AM

Move to NJ! I know someone who is looking for a English teacher job in NYC and he said it's impossible... it seems there would be more in NJ... is this possible for you??

#3 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
      • Vendor
      • 2,015 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:45 AM

You have to do something you love! For far to long I ventured down a path that was very unforfilling but paid well.
        Happiness is in your heart.
        Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
        Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
        Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
        Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
        http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#4 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
        • 310 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JoLo908
          Move to NJ! I know someone who is looking for a English teacher job in NYC and he said it's impossible... it seems there would be more in NJ... is this possible for you??
          New Jersey is an option..and i wouldnt need to move!! I guess I can consider that.. Your friend hopes to find a job in - Elementary or Secondary . Me Secondary..Thanks for you advice!!

jodi
          24 Rooms Booked!

#5 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
          • 310 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MomentsThatMatter
            You have to do something you love! For far to long I ventured down a path that was very unforfilling but paid well.
            Happiness is in your heart.
            I wish I knew what I would LOVE!!

=]
            24 Rooms Booked!

#6 clmarti1

clmarti1
            • 207 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

Wow, no teaching jobs in NY? I thought teaching was one of those fields that is always in demand, much like nursing.

#7 JoLo908

JoLo908
              • 889 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

Secondary... I am actually applying for my masters for Secondary Ed. English right now... but it was after it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do. I sing, and I always wanted to be a singer, but there are lot of things I am passionate about. You will find it! Trust me!

#8 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
                • 310 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

Hi Joanna!

Sorry I have been meaning to reply...Thank you for being so optimistic! I will hopefully find my way! Good luck to you! I love English and I loved Education! I just don't know if that is what I truly want to do....I am a mess! Eventually I will find my way!!

You are getting married in Mexico right? I hope to book my wedding soon. Since I am palnning on getting married in July of 2010 I can not book yet =(.

Good Luck to you!
                  24 Rooms Booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users