Sign in to follow this  
Jodimichelle

Venting-I need to find a career!

So I finished college with a degree in English and Education...

I quickly began subbing in local schools with no job offers, which made me think of a new path...

So last year I decided I wanted to get into the book publishing field...Either write, edit, copy write...basically anything to get me started. However, All these major companies are looking for experienced people, and I don't have the exact experience but I would like to learn...I would intern and work for free..but in order to intern you need to be in college...Frustration!

So here I am rethinking another path..and going back to school...

Ultrasound tech. or Xray tech.

I have no idea what I should do.. Go back to teaching, try for publishing, or start a new career.....??

Any helpful advice?!?!?

Suggestions?

I am just lost!

Jodi

Move to NJ! I know someone who is looking for a English teacher job in NYC and he said it's impossible... it seems there would be more in NJ... is this possible for you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
Move to NJ! I know someone who is looking for a English teacher job in NYC and he said it's impossible... it seems there would be more in NJ... is this possible for you??
New Jersey is an option..and i wouldnt need to move!! I guess I can consider that.. Your friend hopes to find a job in - Elementary or Secondary . Me Secondary..Thanks for you advice!!

jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentsThatMatter View Post
You have to do something you love! For far to long I ventured down a path that was very unforfilling but paid well.
Happiness is in your heart.
I wish I knew what I would LOVE!!

=]

Secondary... I am actually applying for my masters for Secondary Ed. English right now... but it was after it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do. I sing, and I always wanted to be a singer, but there are lot of things I am passionate about. You will find it! Trust me!

Hi Joanna!

Sorry I have been meaning to reply...Thank you for being so optimistic! I will hopefully find my way! Good luck to you! I love English and I loved Education! I just don't know if that is what I truly want to do....I am a mess! Eventually I will find my way!!

You are getting married in Mexico right? I hope to book my wedding soon. Since I am palnning on getting married in July of 2010 I can not book yet =(.

Good Luck to you!