Photo

Riu Santa Fe Brides, Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#271 Bali83

Bali83
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

There a lots of people anxiously awaiting your review!! Have a wonderful time!!

#272 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
    • 49 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bali83
      There a lots of people anxiously awaiting your review!! Have a wonderful time!!
      including me:) Best wishes i hope its everything you dreamed of!

#273 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by brookefouts
      Counting down...6 more days til we leave and 9 more days until the big day!! Can't wait to get out of rainy Seattle and into the warm sun.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MissFitzy
      I'm 11 more sleeps !!! Can't believe it !!!
      so jealous you will both be (are?) there! have a blast!!! cant wait to hear all about your weddings!!

#274 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christine H
      Overall it was a great success! We talked to many people from the palace and I am happy with our choice of the Sante Fe over the palace. The resort is exceptional, the food was good, and the infinity pool is out of this world! I will post some pictures soon if people would like to see them.
      hi christine! we are all anxiously awaiting your full review and pics! we would love it if you would post a review in the wedding review forum to help future RIU Santa Fe brides!

#275 murphie310

murphie310
      • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hi!

We will be getting married there in October 2011. Any advice and suggestions would be great. We are planning a large wedding with about 75+ guests. We are looking at doing the Ceremony at Sunset then dinner and after dinner a cocktail/dessert reception with a mariachi band. Any helpful hints would be great!

Thanks,
        Amanda

#276 shannyg

shannyg
        • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Firstly I need to thank all you Riu Santa Fe brides for posting...you info has helped me so much with planning...We are getting married on the beach and are thinking to do our first dance on the beach after the toast...do they let you hang out down there and do you think it would be possible to pay the DJ to stay for a bit. My WC is Nelly and she is pretty brief on her responses...

#277 Azzurri

Azzurri
          • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

Did anyone have any problems with the wedding coordinator? Cuz I'm finding her very rude and unorganized!!! I'm getting married Oct 5, 2010......

#278 murphie310

murphie310
            • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

I have heard that she is very busy, but once you get down there she is extremelly helpful.  I think she has so many weddings going on it gets crazy! How many days before your wedding are you getting there?  Once you met with her I bet everything will work out!!  Don't stress, it's your day and you are going to be in Cabo!  Everyone will have a blast!! 

#279 murphie310

murphie310
              • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

I just started contacting Nelly and she has been fantastic, my wedding is still a year away!  Her responces have been prompt...same day even!  I have not called her, we have only been in contact through email so far, but she has been great.

#280 murphie310

murphie310
                • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

I have been in contact with Nelly at the Santa Fe.  Every time I email her she responds within a day! Super fast and her responses are very helpful; I have learned that your questions just need to be very specific.  We have all of our locations reserved and we are still a year away from the date.

The ceremony on the Beach at 5pm (sunset is 5:30) and then the champagne toast on the beach, then dinner is at the Steakhouse at 6:30. We wanted our reception to be on the English Patio at 8:00pm with a mariachi band and serve our cake there so we booked it. However later she told us that you have to order appetizers if you use the patio, they are $16-20 per person, which we find ridiculous to have right after dinner...and we are expecting over 100 people so the cost would be way to high.  I told her that if the policy changes to let me know.  So now unfortunately we are having the reception at the Disco, the nice thing is the DJ and the Bar is included in the $500 for 3 hours. We are still getting the band and doing the cake in there as well as the speeches and 1st dance.  We wanted to do the speeches at dinner but a microphone isn’t allowed in the restaurant.  My guess is we will stay in there for an hour or two and then just hang out around the outdoor bars.

If you are having over 40 people be prepared to pay more.  Each extra slice of cake is $5, extra champagne for the toast is $20 per bottle, etc.  Luckily dinner is included at one of the restaurants. 

I would love to hear any ideas from brides who had their weddings in the same locations...what worked, what didn't...

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users