41 replies to this topic

#31 LoriGran

LoriGran
  • 339 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

That would be great! Thank you!! We have have so many "stop-and-go" moments since our engagement, so this is the year to get the ball rolling!  @Lori, you are VERY LUCKY!

Thank you! We are on the same boat as you. We were on a "go" and now at a "stop" thought I had a resort picked out but now I'm back to square one. Good luck with the rest of your planning.

#32 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

We have a budget of $10K, and I found a good budget tool on the knot. I really lucked out on my dress, about $500 including the alterations so that def helped out!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#33 pmkaraan

pmkaraan
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Originally our budget was 10k but looks like it will be around 12k. Not so bad.

#34 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
    • 180 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

That was our budget too. We started at $10000 but its closer to $12000.

#35 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
      • 180 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

That was our budget too. We started at $10000 but its closer to $12000.

#36 Kaiden1215

Kaiden1215
        • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Great thread! Our budget is 8k. I definitely think it is doable based on my budget spreadsheet I created for myself! I have over 18 months to search for sales, deals, and the most cost effective ways to make my dream wedding a reality.

#37 Nena Martinez

Nena Martinez
          • 60 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

We have a budget of $10K, and I found a good budget tool on the knot. I really lucked out on my dress, about $500 including the alterations so that def helped out!

Hey there! I had a 10K budget but it has gotten way too expensive. We are looking at 18K with taxes (18% way too much), fees, 50 guests, airfare, etc. My gma is paying for my dress which is a huge help! I am even considering changing resorts at this moment. :( Do you mind sharing, How much is your wedding package costing you and how many guests do you have?

#38 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

@Nena Martinez, hey! we have 29 guests and chose our resorts middle package, which is $2399 for 25 people. With flowers and renting an iPod instead of having a DJ and the extra people the package is coming up to $3300. With our room credits for 10 rooms booked our trip cost $1530. Airfare was around $1000 for both of us. My dress with alterations was $550 and my fiances suit was about $200. Most of the decorations I am bringing myself and did online shopping and used Michaels coupons for stuff at the craft stores. I am not sure how much I have been spending on the detail stuff cuz I have been buying it slowly for about a year now. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#39 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

@Nena Martinez, hey! we have 29 guests and chose our resorts middle package, which is $2399 for 25 people. With flowers and renting an iPod instead of having a DJ and the extra people the package is coming up to $3300. With our room credits for 10 rooms booked our trip cost $1530. Airfare was around $1000 for both of us. My dress with alterations was $550 and my fiances suit was about $200. Most of the decorations I am bringing myself and did online shopping and used Michaels coupons for stuff at the craft stores. I am not sure how much I have been spending on the detail stuff cuz I have been buying it slowly for about a year now. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Oooops forgot to mention outside photographer which is $1150

#40 csho

csho
            • 1,007 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
            • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

My original budget was 10K, but now we have about 10-15 people more then we anticipated and I've gone a little crazy on the little things that you don't think add up. So we are at about 11K and haven't purchased our wedding bands yet. We were trying to keep the budget to include absolutely everything that was wedding related. I am thinking by the time its actually done and over with we'll probably be just above the 11K mark. At least I finally did one up to make realize I should scale back on some things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users