Sign in to follow this  
DGG

please help with colors - Lilac and ???

Hi! So far our only wedding color is lilac - my bridesmaids' dresses are a light lilac color. I was thinking a baby blue might complement that. But here's the issue - we are having our reception on the lawn (next to the beach) and for our centerpieces, we are actually going to be using the bridemaid's bouquet's but the wedding planner is going to open them up (maybe add some more roses I'm not sure) - the bouquets are white roses with lavender-colored hydrangeas which will then be in a vase lined with green leaves. So for the table cover and tie-backs, what color should I use?

For the table cover, I wanted to put a colored organza over the white tablecloth - but if we use lilac, will the bridesmaid's blend into the table. Or if we use baby blue, will it look like the centerpieces don't match the table?? Should I use the same color for tie-backs? I like the look of both the blue and lilac tie-backs, but will the lilac look bad on the grass?

I know I'm obsessing over details - but please share your ideas :)

I like the look of the darker purple with lilac. I also think a sky blue would look good. I tihnk if you use the same color on the table and the chairs you will be fine. Don't worry about the grass...nobody will be thinking "oh my God, I can't believe she used that color with the green grass."

Thanks for the ideas -

do you think it would look okay with darker purple tablecovers (i was going to get organza tablecovers so it would be a little sheer over the white tablecloths) with the lavender hydrangea/white rose flowers and then lavender chair tiebacks?