Photo

Question about Cabo Airport

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostaSeif

AlmostaSeif
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

I have been searching around for information about the airport, but can't seem to find anything. I am trying to figure out how early guests should get to the airport (in Cabo) for their flight. Since the Sheraton is 30 minutes away, I was trying to factor everything in. Is it the typical three hours before for an Inernational flight?

#2 AlmostaSeif

AlmostaSeif
    • 90 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

Wow, I was thinking they needed to leave the hotel like 3 hours in advance. That is good news. Thank you for your reply!

#3 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
      • 456 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I will have to disagree about leaving an hour before, and say that you'd be safer with your original thought of AT LEAST 2 hours before. 1 hour seems to be cutting is VERY close....but that's just my opinion!
        D & K
        October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#4 krazyk

krazyk
        • 90 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

I would say about 2 hours before to be safe. Our flight was at 1:30pm and the shuttle picked us up at 10am, which was early to me. But I guess they rather have you there early. We went thru Customs and checking in superfast so we were waiting in the airport a good 2 hours.

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

I have to agree with Kaylee on this one. The first leg of check in for us has always been long. I would play it safe than sorry.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#6 Tez

Tez
            • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

When & what day of the week are your guests leaving? I would also allow 40 minutes just in case. For more info contact me & I will do my best to answer your ??

#7 jenniebey

jenniebey
              • 842 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Last time I went to Cabo we had a shuttle so you don't really get a choice of when they pick you up. They scheduled to pick us up 3 hours before our flight. But they were 30 minutes late so we were there about 2 hours before. It worked out perfectly!

Plus I'm kind of a nervous nellie when it comes to flights. Especially international...you don't know when you can get on the next one if you miss your flight. Stick with 2 hours, IMO.

#8 unikphoto

unikphoto
                • Vendor
                • 87 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I have to agree with KAMAY on getting to the airport at least 2 hours in advance, 3 hours is too much, but 2 sounds just right. Customs here isn't a big hassle, and they are cordial. It'll take at least 30min. from Sheraton to the airport, taking the toll road, of course
                  I have been searching around for information about the airport, but can't seem to find anything. I am trying to figure out how early guests should get to the airport (in Cabo) for their flight. Since the Sheraton is 30 minutes away, I was trying to factor everything in. Is it the typical three hours before for an Inernational flight?

#9 zethers

zethers
                  • 135 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

The San Jose Del Cabo website suggests you arrive 3 hours before departure for international flights. Info is on the bottom of this link.
                    SJD Los Cabos Airport Mexico Cabo San Lucas MX
                    Probably a lot of waiting around, but better safe than sorry.

#10 unikphoto

unikphoto
                    • Vendor
                    • 87 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Sure, if 3 hours will give you peace of mind, then 3 hours is ok, but arriving at the airport 2 hours before departure is enough time. Be safe!
                      marTin
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zethers
                      The San Jose Del Cabo website suggests you arrive 3 hours before departure for international flights. Info is on the bottom of this link.
                      SJD Los Cabos Airport Mexico Cabo San Lucas MX
                      Probably a lot of waiting around, but better safe than sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users