Photo

Civil...renewal....religious

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Well I am wondering how many actually were legally married before going to their DW or who are actually getting married there and if so... will it be by a judge or minister?

I am trying to figure out a program for a "civil" wedding on the beach has anyone have a sample how do they flow?

Is the sand ceremony before or after the signing.... I am so like I dunno!

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

We actually just did our legal ceremony yesterday. I think there is quite a few ladies that got married before and quite a few that didnt.
      The rest of the stuff I can't help you on, I'm sorry.

#3 Anna83

Anna83
      • 288 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

We did not get married beforehand. I asked for a civil ceremony, I couldn't say if the officiant was a minister or a judge. I wrote out our ceremony the way I wanted it and gave him that to read. He did a great job, I was very pleased. If you are also looking to do a civil ceremony, I can email my script to you.

I previously posted my program on this thread. I included most of the script in the program because I was afraid our guests wouldn't be able to hear very well. The last 2 weddings I have been to we couldn't hear what was going on and it made for a very boring ceremony.
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35632

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christinamaria22
          Well I am wondering how many actually were legally married before going to their DW or who are actually getting married there and if so... will it be by a judge or minister?

I am trying to figure out a program for a "civil" wedding on the beach has anyone have a sample how do they flow?

Is the sand ceremony before or after the signing.... I am so like I dunno!
          I think the definitions of each type of ceremony may vary by resort. For instance at ROR, all ceremonies are performed by a minister, but if you're having a civil ceremony, the minister will not mention God. If you're having a renewal, its performed by a minister too, but has no legal bearing.

If I remember correctly the sand ceremony was performed after our vows but before our signing.

#5 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
          • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

We waited and got married with our ceremony at the Beaches. We also had a minister for our day.

#6 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
            • 358 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

i dunno maybe I am silly but I feel that when I get married I want to say my I Do's in the dress of my dreams to the man of my dreams ....... I think if i got legally married here than it wouldnt be so special there in the dress saying the i do's..... I am weird right?

#7 sandinmytoes

sandinmytoes
              • 180 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

I think its a personal preference I dont want to deal with the red tape of an out of the country legalities and our parents arent able to travel that far with us so we will do the legal ceremony here for them and for piece of mind that it is legit :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users