Photo

Getting Travel rates from your TA?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

How long did it take everyone to get your rates from your TA?
    I'm getting married in Dec, and I know I can go on expedia and get really inexpensive rates right NOW, but I have not rcvd rates from my TA yet.

I understand that it takes time because the wholesaler needs to negotiate etc etc etc, but I'm sort of getting worried that the longer it takes, the more expensive it will be. Should I be worried?!!!!!
    I'm also worried that her rates will be much higher than online. I understand the advantages of using a TA, but my guests won't pay for a TA if there is a big difference between the TA's rates and online.
    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#2 Jamaicabound

Jamaicabound
    • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Hi,
      I got an immediate quote from our TA. Of course there are just 2 of us and I am sure that is easier. We got a great deal, for Grand Lido, Negril, Jamaica and our TA is from Canada, even though we live in the states.
      There are deals to be had right now!
      Enjoy.
      D

#3 Jamaicabound

Jamaicabound
      • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Hi,
        I got an immediate quote from our TA. Of course there are just 2 of us and I am sure that is easier. We got a great deal, for Grand Lido, Negril, Jamaica and our TA is from Canada, even though we live in the states.
        There are deals to be had right now!
        Enjoy.
        D

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

well group rates are very different that just pulling up what is available and when the groups department at the resort is swamped, things can get back up.

usually i hear back within a few days with the rates but getting the contract can be a PITA.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 SunnyCherries

SunnyCherries
        • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

We are getting married in December as well and have been waiting for what seems like forever. We went to about 5 different travel agents last week and haven't heard back from any of them yet.

Because they are all taking this long, I figure there must be a reason!

However, I am starting to get miiightly impatient!

#6 SunnyCherries

SunnyCherries
          • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

We are getting married in December as well and have been waiting for what seems like forever. We went to about 5 different travel agents last week and haven't heard back from any of them yet.

Because they are all taking this long, I figure there must be a reason!

However, I am starting to get miiightly impatient!

#7 jmb0902

jmb0902
            • 496 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

I'm kind of having the same issue... Orbitz is has really awesome deals to Mexico right now (some only $850 pp from Denver!!) And we're wondering if we should just book seperately, but I don't want ppl to be left behind or not be able to get in. We are working (somewhat) with destinationweddings.com, but not really... they have come up with the same deals or worse than what we've found! If you don't think we should book ourselves, does anyone know a good Dreams Tulum TA?

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

I book a lot at dreams tulum. Do you want me to check the rates.

Pm me how many rooms and what dates you want

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

I know a lot of the Canadian tour operators are really swamped right now...I'm getting a turnaround on quotes from them anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks - depending on when the departure date is!!! It's taking a little longer, because a lot of the contracts for winter 2009/2010 haven't been negotiated yet, so the groups departments have to go through a lot more channels to get quotes put together (rates aren't all in their systems yet - therefore not readily available for quoting). Pricing is coming soon! :)

Lindsay

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

i was thinking the same thing when i saw the posts from canadian brides...i know sometimes there can be a longer delay.

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users