Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
amdecker

Wedding photographer cancelled!

Recommended Posts

I'm a little freaked right now because Vanessa Vargas just cancelled her photography service with me. crybaby2.gif

Luckily I was given plenty of warning and the cancellation is understandable, but I'm just not sure what to do now. She has recommended a fellow photog. that can replace her but I'm not familiar this person (nor am I quite sure what this person's name is). Has anyone ever used this person before?

 

Luzma Foto

 

I don't know enough Spanish to know what it says.

 

Or she will give me a refund and I can look for someone else, I'm just not sure who. In total, I was only paying $1100 for 2 hrs plus TTD session. I really don't want to spend any more than that. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no..that's terrible news. If I were you, I'd look for someone else.

 

I've heard good reviews on the following Photographer on this forum:

 

Canadian coupleWedding Photographer Mexico , Cancun , Playa Del Carmen , Mayan Riviera

Lidya SolemidtHome Lidya Solemidt Photographer

Claudia RodriguezClaudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya

Sol Tamargo photographyhttp://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t4276

Tam's photoTamm's Photos - Wedding Photography Intro

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should also check with Cecilia Dumas, I think her prices are comparible, if not cheaper and she does great work from what I've seen. Good thing is your day is not till Sept. so you've got plenty of time! wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are getting the same price for the alternate I would keep him. I haven't heard of him but i like his work.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Oh no..that's terrible news. If I were you, I'd look for someone else.

 

I've heard good reviews on the following Photographer on this forum:

 

Canadian coupleWedding Photographer Mexico , Cancun , Playa Del Carmen , Mayan Riviera

Lidya SolemidtHome Lidya Solemidt Photographer

Claudia RodriguezClaudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya

Sol Tamargo photographyhttp://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t4276

Tam's photoTamm's Photos - Wedding Photography Intro

 

Good luck.

I'm not sure on the price for Moments that matter or tams photo, but for 2 hours and TTD you won't get for under $110 from Claudio or Sol Tamargo. I was going to use Lidya Solemidt and her fee was $1480 for 2 hours and TTD. We are using Humberto Castilla, and I really like his work. He sets a package for each bride he works w/ on her needs. He is charging us $800 for 3 hours, TTD, an album, and a cd w/ all of the photos. Included is a $100 travel fee down to akumal. If your interested i can email you his portfolio and contact info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdecker View Post
I'm a little freaked right now because Vanessa Vargas just cancelled her photography service with me. crybaby2.gif
Luckily I was given plenty of warning and the cancellation is understandable, but I'm just not sure what to do now. She has recommended a fellow photog. that can replace her but I'm not familiar this person (nor am I quite sure what this person's name is). Has anyone ever used this person before?

Luzma Foto

I don't know enough Spanish to know what it says.

Or she will give me a refund and I can look for someone else, I'm just not sure who. In total, I was only paying $1100 for 2 hrs plus TTD session. I really don't want to spend any more than that. Any suggestions?
Well after shopping for a photographer and looking at most of the packages that I would be interested in after doing the exchange the pictures would have cost more then our trip. So I knew a pro photographer so what I did is pay for the photographers trip to mexico. We gave him the option of going for the week or 3 days. It turned out that 3 days is the same as a week vacation, so we asked him if he'd like to bring his family it would be fine with us but he would foot the bill for his wife and daughter. It worked out well and his whole family has a great cheep vacation at a beautiful resort.

I 'm sure the pictures of the photographers are breath taking it's just I couldn't pay 3000 for pictures for 6 hours....this way I have Alex for the whole day and night. Amazling I did talk my fiancee into paying the price if it came down to it! Ha Ha.

You have lots of time to figure something out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would choose someone else.

I also would still consider flying in a photographer and having them stay at your resort. It always sounds expensive... but really it's not. You are paying $1100 for 2 hours plus TTD. A flight and three night stay at your hotel for one person is only $1192. Now... yes, it is slightly more. However, then that photographer could also do your wedding coverage, group activities, AND the TTD photos. You would have WAY more coverage, and buying the disc of all the edited photos will probably be a lot cheaper than the resort photographer offers (I honestly don't know the Moon Palace prices, so I can't 100% gaurantee that).

So, what I would recommend, is contacting some US photographers that you like. Inquire about destination weddings. I know there are a ton (a lot on this board even) who will do destination weddings simply for the cost of the trip (again, around $1200). You just need to ask! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
We are using Humberto Castilla, and I really like his work. He sets a package for each bride he works w/ on her needs. He is charging us $800 for 3 hours, TTD, an album, and a cd w/ all of the photos. Included is a $100 travel fee down to akumal. If your interested i can email you his portfolio and contact info.
Wow! That is a great deal. I would love to get the contact info from you. I'll PM you my email. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Dental care would be very challenging when you are invited to a wedding. Everyone needs a clean and white teeth. I was also looking for a dental clinic in Toronto but all of the Doctor were busy. This was when I found Walk in Dental Clinic in Yonge Street just south of Steels. Since they were open until midnight, I did not have to leave my work early to get to my dentist. This dental clinic used dental veneers for my teeth and at the wedding everyone was asking me how I created my smile very nice.  The fact that they accept emergency patients for dental care is also very good. before the wedding, I recommend using this dentistry. If you need emergency dental care in Toronto visit Dr Karimi and Walk in dental clinic for their great patient care and service. 
    • I'm so sorry to hear this  Did you have a signed contract with him? What did he or the contract say the turn around time be? If it is way past the deadline, you have made several documented attempts to contact him, and he has broken your contract and failed to produce what has been promised, you could resort to writing an online review of your experience -- often times, that motivates vendors who've dropped the ball to rectify the situation because it affects other potential clients. 
    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...