Photo

Dollarama-no longer just $1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

So FI and I went into Dollarama today to pick up a bunch of things and as we walked in we were greeted by a big sign at the door (and signs ALL OVER the store) stating that their products will no longer all be $1. The products will now be either $1, $1.50 or $2.

For right now it will only be new products that they receive that will see the price increase but the cashier told me that eventually they will be changing the prices on things currently in the store. As we walked through, you could see new items with $2 price stickers on them! FI and I picked up everything that we needed today before the price changes on any of their old stuff!

I heard that this was going to happen but I guess I was in denial. FI was making fun of me because he could see how disappointed I was - I am in love with Dollarama (I'm a teacher and buy SO many things there). Now I know that it isn't a huge price increase but I liked the fact that everything was $1.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case there is some stuff you need to get!
    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

I heard about this too and it made me sad I bought lots of OOT bag stuff there last year and now I buy scrapbooking stuff there. It's got fabulous things!

#3 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
      • 583 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Their reasoning for the $2 items is that they will apparently be of "higher quality". I haven't been to Dollarama since the price increase, so I have no idea, but I really hope they keep the items that are currently $1 the same price. If they up ALL the prices, I will be very sad

#4 Erin6341

Erin6341
        • 298 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

I ABSOLUTELY love Dollarama too. I was disappointed at first, but "so far" the things that are more than a dollar are visibly better quality than those things that are still at $1. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#5 jen_trev

jen_trev
          • 71 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

That really sucks. I love Dollarama, but this is disappointing.

#6 jen_trev

jen_trev
            • 71 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

That really sucks. I love Dollarama, but this is disappointing.

#7 saraece

saraece
              • 289 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

I was there the other day and have to say they are bringing in differenn items that they couldn't price at a dollar. I saw they are adding onsies (diaper shirts for babies) for $2 which is still a great price. Hopefully that is what will be happening more then just raising the price of the other $1 items.
                Like our first kiss all over again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users