Sign in to follow this  
RaydensMama

I took my ring in today...

So I took my ring in since the stone was loose. I told the lady what happened and she basically told me that it was a delicate ring so it was bound to happen. So I informed her that I had no problems for 2 years with my ring until I brought it into the store to be sized!! So from there she told me that this is why she doesnt like taking in rings from other stores to be sized! Well then why the hell did the guy say it was "No problem?" rant.gif So long story short she is sending the ring out to get the stone tightened and I told her I would not pay for it since they specifically told me a month ago that it was going to be sent out so that the stones would be set proper!! rant.gif So now I have to wait a whole week for my engagement ring!! Im wearing my promise ring till then, but if they mess up my ring Im going to loose it on them!!!

OK sorry had to get that out!

Laura I am glad they are going to resolve this problem for you. Maria (Mikki streak had the same problem with a loose stone) Hopefully they can fix this problem for good. Don't worry I am sure everything will work out okay and you will be wearing your e-ring soon.

-Glenda

My stone was loose a month or so after receiving it. Everyone thought I was nuts but if I tapped on it I could hear it hitting the metal. My FI took it to the store where he purchased and the guy fixed it right there while he waited (less than 5 minutes). He said it would have taken alot for it to actually fall out, but I'm glad I wasn't just being crazy or paranoid.

Perhaps there's another local jewelry store that does in-house work... I know it's too late for this time, but if any other issues come up, you may want to check into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
My stone was loose a month or so after receiving it. Everyone thought I was nuts but if I tapped on it I could hear it hitting the metal. My FI took it to the store where he purchased and the guy fixed it right there while he waited (less than 5 minutes). He said it would have taken alot for it to actually fall out, but I'm glad I wasn't just being crazy or paranoid.

Perhaps there's another local jewelry store that does in-house work... I know it's too late for this time, but if any other issues come up, you may want to check into it.
The lady at the store was doing that tap thing to hear the stone moving too! If it is messed up this time then I am going to take it somewhere else. I will be going to Ottawa in the summer so I can always take it to the store I got it from if its not fixed this time.
Im glad that yours was fixed!!smile29.gif