Photo

I hate my flowers....help!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hmk012

hmk012
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Okay so I'd like to think I'm a creative person. I've done most of the wedding stuff by myself and am completely happy with it....except my own bouquet! It's ugly and everyone I show it to agrees....although they aren't that hursh! What do I do? I can't figure out how to upload pictures on here...they aren't the right format so I can't show them to you. Bascially they are all one color and the same flower. My color is the Watermelon color from David's Bridal...my flowers are close to that color. My bridesmaids and flower girls are taken care of. Does anyone have any suggestions on anyone who does good work at the last minute? My wedding is March 4th in Cozumel. We leave for our cruise on Feb. 27th! I don't want to pay a lot of money, but willing to pay about $100 for the bouquet at this point. Please help!
    Holly
    March 2009 NCL Wedding Cruise

44 People Confirmed!http://tickers.Ticke....0c87/event.png

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by hmk012
      Okay so I'd like to think I'm a creative person. I've done most of the wedding stuff by myself and am completely happy with it....except my own bouquet! It's ugly and everyone I show it to agrees....although they aren't that hursh! What do I do? I can't figure out how to upload pictures on here...they aren't the right format so I can't show them to you. Bascially they are all one color and the same flower. My color is the Watermelon color from David's Bridal...my flowers are close to that color. My bridesmaids and flower girls are taken care of. Does anyone have any suggestions on anyone who does good work at the last minute? My wedding is March 4th in Cozumel. We leave for our cruise on Feb. 27th! I don't want to pay a lot of money, but willing to pay about $100 for the bouquet at this point. Please help!
      Awww sweetie, is it really that bad? Sometimes we are our own harshest critics. You should post a pic and maybe we can all give you some feedback on how to "fix" it??

BUT if not ~ then I highly suggest looking at Roberta's work from Plumera Wedding Flower Boutique. I started working with her about 2 months ago and she is an absolute doll!! Not to mention her prices are so reasonable.

Here's a link to her website, which features a package that can be sent out in 3 days. It's $135 including insurance and shipping fees and would probably work well with your colors: PlumeriasWeddingFlowerBoutique

If that set doesn't work, here's a link to her ebay site that has tons of beautiful wedding bouquets all in the $110 range, give or take. These I believe can also be sent out on short notice: eBay Store - Plumeria's Wedding Flower Boutique: Silk Wedding Bouquet Sets, Wedding bouquets, Silk Flowers

Like I said, she has been great with so far, and her products look beautiful. There are a few BDW members on here who have used her too!

I hope this helps give you some options ~ don't stress it will all work out As your day nears everything will fall into place

#3 Virg

Virg
      • 684 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

I would suggest Chrystal from BitterweddingDesigns.
        She is awesome and her prices are definetly reasonable.
        Her website is: Bitter Sweet Wedding Designs

I will PM you her email.
        Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
        Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Check out the link on my siggy for help on how to do things in the forum (It's a thread with shortcuts to all the helpful links, one of which is how to upload photos).

I was going to say exactly what MarieSam said, we are our own worst critics. Show us what they look like and perhaps we can offer some suggestions. Otherwise, you might even take them to a local florist and ask them to make an arrangement out of the flowers that you have already (unless it's the flowers that you hate, then I would call one of the companies suggested above). Good luck!

#5 Shay2679

Shay2679
          • 493 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

I'm sure you've already looked...but I thought, just in case their things are still available...

you might these useful...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35889
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t29263

#6 hmk012

hmk012
            • 33 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MarieSam
              Awww sweetie, is it really that bad? Sometimes we are our own harshest critics. You should post a pic and maybe we can all give you some feedback on how to "fix" it??

BUT if not ~ then I highly suggest looking at Roberta's work from Plumera Wedding Flower Boutique. I started working with her about 2 months ago and she is an absolute doll!! Not to mention her prices are so reasonable.

Here's a link to her website, which features a package that can be sent out in 3 days. It's $135 including insurance and shipping fees and would probably work well with your colors: PlumeriasWeddingFlowerBoutique

If that set doesn't work, here's a link to her ebay site that has tons of beautiful wedding bouquets all in the $110 range, give or take. These I believe can also be sent out on short notice: eBay Store - Plumeria's Wedding Flower Boutique: Silk Wedding Bouquet Sets, Wedding bouquets, Silk Flowers

Like I said, she has been great with so far, and her products look beautiful. There are a few BDW members on here who have used her too!

I hope this helps give you some options ~ don't stress it will all work out As your day nears everything will fall into place
              Thank you so much! I decided to go with her and I LOVE my new flowers!
              Holly

#7 MarieSam

MarieSam
              • VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

YAY!!! Awesome -- which ones did you get?? I wanna see, I wanna see!!! I'm excited for you

#8 hmk012

hmk012
                • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:19 AM

I went with the Weddings 2 Go set......LOVE them, exactly what I was looking for! I'm so excited now...I feel like a weight has been lifted. I can't wait to get them! Thanks again so much!
                  Holly

#9 MarieSam

MarieSam
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,336 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

That is a beautiful set, I absolutely LOVE the plumeria and orchid mix! Are you going to use the hair flowers? I think they would look gorgeous in your hair. Now you'll have to keep us posted when the flowers actually come in ~ I'm so glad it all worked out Now go and enjoy that wedding!!!!

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

I'm so glad you went with Roberta. She has been fantastic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users